X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    First two - 1986-1990
    Last two 2007-2011
    Parcells won in year 4 and 8; Coughlin won in year 4 and 8.

Tom didn't quit after rookie mini camp and name Kevin Gilbride head coach. He stayed for a 9th year, so we've already broken new ground.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

By the time Eli is done, he'll have 3 rings. Just a prediction
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
        Parcells won in year 4 and 8; Coughlin won in year 4 and 8.

Tom didn't quit after rookie mini camp and name Kevin Gilbride head coach. He stayed for a 9th year, so we've already broken new ground.
        yup.... home for the playoffs....nice new ground.
        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Trends that span different decades are silly, as if one has an effect on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Young brought this franchise out of the dark ages.
            ...and dumped us right back in the dark ages with the whole Ray Handley debacle. Thank God Accorsi wasn't nearly as egotistical...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              ...and dumped us right back in the dark ages with the whole Ray Handley debacle. Thank God Accorsi wasn't nearly as egotistical...
              You are rewriting history . Parcells screwed the Giants by packing his bags in the middle of the night like a spoiled child who didn't get his way and blindsided the team. It was Parcells who suggested they promote Handley in May, long after every possible available HC was already in place. There is no doubt that Handley was a poor choice, but there were not many alternatives. Both Coughlin and Belichick had moved on by that time..
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                By the time Eli is done, he'll have 3 rings. Just a prediction
                I'd like to think 4 rings.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  You are rewriting history . Parcells screwed the Giants by packing his bags in the middle of the night like a spoiled child who didn't get his way and blindsided the team. It was Parcells who suggested they promote Handley in May, long after every possible available HC was already in place. There is no doubt that Handley was a poor choice, but there were not many alternatives. Both Coughlin and Belichick had moved on by that time..
                  Fair enough. But did he wait until may on purpose, or did he just feel as though he didn't have enough control over the team and make a snap decision like that?

Comment

It's not going to be another 17 years lol....Coughlin needs to trim fat better on the roster. We are only a few draft picks away from being in the playoff mix again.

Comment

Fair enough. But did he wait until may on purpose, or did he just feel as though he didn't have enough control over the team and make a snap decision like that?

He did it out of spite
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue wins View Post
                        It's not going to be another 17 years lol....Coughlin needs to trim fat better on the roster. We are only a few draft picks away from being in the playoff mix again.
                        That's Reese's job

Comment

Even if Coughlin and Eli dont win another Super Bowl Id say they had a very successful era

Comment

I like this topic, different kind of conversations stimulating from it.

Comment

Giants will be playing at home in the SB next year..

Comment

He made it a pattern to bail on teams, Miami and Dallas being good examples, but I think he pretty much walked away unexpectedly from every team he has been a part of, be it as a HC or a front office guy. Hell, he even took the Bucs job, and then changed his mind at the last second, leaving them high and dry. He practically had the pen in his hand to sign the deal
                                Last edited by Die-Hard; 01-20-2013, 12:13 PM.
                                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                                X