Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like the days of drop back QB are over....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the days of drop back QB are over....

After watching Kaepernick todays, along with RGIII and Wilson, and even Luck....the days of the drop back QB are over....I hope the Giants are looking for drafting a QB to take over for Eli in the next year or two.......the days of Eli are numbered.

not if we have a good defense

Comment

Lets take a look at the 5 most recent sb winning qb's shall we

Comment

I doubt it. D coordinators will catch up while clueless teams spend 1st round picks on running QBs; not to mention the shelf life of these running QBs it's all a fad and will pass

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
          After watching Kaepernick todays, along with RGIII and Wilson, and even Luck....the days of the drop back QB are over....I hope the Giants are looking for drafting a QB to take over for Eli in the next year or two.......the days of Eli are numbered.
          That's what they said about the wildcat too
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Until I see guys like Kaepernick have as much success as Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, then I would agree. What Kaepernick is doing isn't anything new.
            Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
              I doubt it. D coordinators will catch up while clueless teams spend 1st round picks on running QBs; not to mention the shelf life of these running QBs it's all a fad and will pass

AMEN

Comment

Lol if the Pats make the SB and BB has two weeks to come up with a gameplan for him, forget about it.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I agree. We should trade up to the #1 overall pick and give the Chiefs Eli Manning, 5 future 1st rounders, and Jerry Reese so we can draft Colin Klein.

Comment

No way on Collin Klein. All these QBs mentioned can throw the ball like the rest in addition to their mobility. That's the main difference and that's why the read option offense is going to the Superbowl. Kaepernick beat the Falcons with his arm today plus a couple of RB rushing TDs off the read option.

Comment

Extremely Mobile- Luck, Vick, RG3, Wilson, Kap, Newton
                      Mobile- Rodgers, Romo, Tannehill, Locker, Cutler, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Ponder
                      Statues- Eli, Peyton, Brady, Palmer, Big Ben(just strong as ****), Flacco, Ryan, Rivers, Cardinal QBs, Chiefs QBs.

The Future- Logan Thomas, Geno Smith, Johnny Football, Tahj Boyd
                      All Big Name QB Prospects

Comment

+1, once they get hurt running around they're done.

Comment

Actually, I think the NFL has been transitioning to pass defense for so long now that most teams are very susceptible to a big power running team with a drop back passer using play action. I think the old fashioned, massive, pancake blocking OL could run right over most defenses right now. Teams would have to bring 8 in the box to stop the run, then the play action opens up a lot of home run balls. I think the demise of the running game, and the pocket paser are way over rated.

Comment

RGIII, your boy Luck and Wilson are no where to be seen. Flacco is about as slow a QB as you will ever see as is Brady at this point. Matt Ryan is a straight up drop back QB so 3 of the 4 guys in the semi finals are true drop back quarterbacks but you are saying that their day is over while the running QB's are home or in the hospital. Not very strong logic there.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              RGIII, your boy Luck and Wilson are no where to be seen. Flacco is about as slow a QB as you will ever see as is Brady at this point. Matt Ryan is a straight up drop back QB so 3 of the 4 guys in the semi finals are true drop back quarterbacks but you are saying that their day is over while the running QB's are home or in the hospital. Not very strong logic there.
                              Flacco is the luckiest QB right now lol, people say that about Eli too

Comment

Working...
                              X