Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As Giants fans...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As Giants fans...

    Do we have a logical team to root for of the 3 remaining? I feel its the Patriots as the Ravens beat us in 2000 (which ill never forgive/forget) and the 49ers talked smack about our being in the Super Bowl last year and complained that we celebrated too loud after winning. With the Pats they already have a legacy in place for being the best franchise during the last 10+ years, plus the fact that we've beaten them twice another S.B. ring will make our victories all the more impressive. Plus I don't want to give the 49ers more fodder for last year (ie "we'd have been repeat champs if not for the Giants getting lucky...." B.s., I know, but they'll still say it).What do you guys all think?

  • #2
    The Giants aren't in the playoffs?
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm rooting for the Canton Bulldogs...

      Giants fan since the early 80s

      Comment


      • #4
        Im rooting for Phoenix Online vs the Harlem Globetrotters

        Comment


        • #5
          LETS GO DEVILS!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Im rooting for the Ravens the players on the 2000 team are gone besides Lewis. I cant stand the 49er fans they acted like complete children last year and I dont want Brady to get another Super Bowl so Eli can tie or pass him some day

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Im rooting for the Ravens the players on the 2000 team are gone besides Lewis. I cant stand the 49er fans they acted like complete children last year and I dont want Brady to get another Super Bowl so Eli can tie or pass him some day
              WORD!

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm not watching the Super Bowl, can't stand the 49'ers, particularly their coach. As for the Ravens, I still have this nagging issue with Ray Lewis and the unsolved murder during the 2000 Super Bowl, so don't think I can root for them either. Besides, we now have to listen and read, if we choose, about a "brother's" Super Bowl. When is the draft :-).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't care wont be watching.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Honestly at this point i'd root for the niners. We demolished them. Remember when we demolished the Broncos in 1998?


                    Edit: after some thought i've changed my mind about this. Flacco is a lot like Eli with regards to his demeanor and willingness to improve while everyone around him derides him as mediocre. Man has made a lot of nice passes lately. That has pushed me into the Ravens camp more than Lewis or Harbaugh...
                    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-22-2013, 05:24 PM.

                    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Baby Bulls View Post
                      I'm not watching the Super Bowl, can't stand the 49'ers, particularly their coach. As for the Ravens, I still have this nagging issue with Ray Lewis and the unsolved murder during the 2000 Super Bowl, so don't think I can root for them either. Besides, we now have to listen and read, if we choose, about a "brother's" Super Bowl. When is the draft :-).
                      close your ears and don't read anything lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        Im rooting for the Ravens the players on the 2000 team are gone besides Lewis. I cant stand the 49er fans they acted like complete children last year and I dont want Brady to get another Super Bowl so Eli can tie or pass him some day
                        I feel that way too (now that the pats are out), but I keep coming back to hating Flacco really hard. I feel like when he made his elite comment in his head it was like "Eli said it and won a super bowl...its bound to work for me in the same fashion." I hate the niners equally though for last year and how they act like champs when they haven't done anything. Yet anyway.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I like the Niners. They have sn***y uniforms.

                          edit:
                          Dear boards.giants.com, sn@zzy is not a curse word. It can be used by children in kindergarten. Example, "Hey Eli, that sure is a sn@zzy backpack you're wearing. You'll be the coolest kid in school."
                          Last edited by EJ Blue; 01-21-2013, 12:56 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            Honestly at this point i'd root for the niners. We demolished them. Remember when we demolished the Broncos in 1998?
                            i also remember beating Pittsburgh and the cardinals pretty good the year they were both in SB
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                            # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                            1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                            ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              As a Giants fan.... I'm glad the NHL is playing again.
                              # 80 (For FBomb)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X