No announcement yet.

Cutting Bradshaw And Bass Would Cost Giants $ 9.175M

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just eat these contacts this year and start fresh. Enough with the restructuring.

Comment

Originally posted by laylow28 View Post
      Everyone is blaming Reese,but Kevin Abrams is the primary negotiator for player contracts and is responsible for managing of the Giants salary cap and player salary budget.
      Cut this guy! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        This team is in very serious trouble dont be surprised if the first sub .500 Giants team under Coughlin occurs next season. This team has loads of maxed out old players on the roster. The thing that bothers me is this roster could end up being stripped bare because the young players are going to get more money elsewhere because the Giants cant get deals done early.
        I trust Reese to handle this.....missing a postseason creates greater urgency for change than being the reigning champs.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          There is nothing wrong with the contracts. Abrams is told how he is supposed to get the team salary cap situated, and he does what's told. It's not like he is throwing wrenches in deals to screw us up, while he snickers in the background at the sight of Reese being tarred and feathered.
          That's disgustingly logical
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

if this team is exactly the same as last season players wise, we won't make the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              Just eat these contacts this year and start fresh. Enough with the restructuring.
              I agree... enough with the Ponzi Scheme...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                I agree... enough with the Ponzi Scheme...
                I'm with both of u.. Seriously, these restructuring of contracts is gonna cost us alot of young talent, because there gonna get paid other places... Just stop with the restructuring, as we've played with fire anyways the last several yrs with this bunch, and even though we WON a couple titles, barley made the postseason both SB runs, and now alot of those players are even older and less productive.. Its pretty simple logic, if u ask me...

Comment

This team just needs to get better. Yeah they won last year, but only with a little luck. They where 9-7 the last two seasons and missed the post the two seasons before that. Stop extending these players hat acoount for a 9-7 team. Eat it this year and say goodbye next year. Start fresh.

Comment

Cutting Baas was never an option. Not sure why this author treated it like it was.

Comment

These articles seem to be taken right from a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        bradshaw and baas are the worst candidates for release because they are still early into their contracts.
                        I don't think it is that early in Bass's contract. Doesn't he only have 3 years of guarenteed money and this is his 3rd year, right?

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                          I don't think it is that early in Bass's contract. Doesn't he only have 3 years of guarenteed money and this is his 3rd year, right?
                          Next year will be his third year. This past season was only his second. Guaranteed money is only a minor issue.

Signing bonus + restructured last season = 5 mil cap hit if he is cut or he stays. Next season assuming they do not restructure again his cap hit if released would drop.

His guaranteed money should already be gone.

He should make for a very possible release next season.
                          Last edited by slipknottin; 01-22-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Next year will be his third year. This past season was only his second. Guaranteed money is only a minor issue.

Signing bonus + restructured last season = 5 mil cap hit if he is cut or he stays. Next season assuming they do not restructure again his cap hit if released would drop.

Thanks for clarifing this for me. Like many people, I get confused by these contracts. Could you let me know what website you got this info from for future reference?

Comment

Well, there you go. We pick up a GOOD O lineman in the draft and plug him into the line. Have boothe show him how to hike a ball, LOL! Man, you really can't write this stuff. " The Days of Giants Football" What a great name for a daytime drama series: starring JR as Dillio the Dealmaker, and TC as The Wise One the Old Disciplined Head Coach!! Take your lumps and get this franchise back on line. Thanx for the primer, slip!

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                                I'm with both of u.. Seriously, these restructuring of contracts is gonna cost us alot of young talent, because there gonna get paid other places... Just stop with the restructuring, as we've played with fire anyways the last several yrs with this bunch, and even though we WON a couple titles, barley made the postseason both SB runs, and now alot of those players are even older and less productive.. Its pretty simple logic, if u ask me...
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X