Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Giants yes or no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greatest Giants yes or no

    Left plenty of room for adding names and it is between seasons, so

    QB's: Connerly-Tittle-Simms-Eli
    LB's: LT-Huff-
    OLine: Rosy Brown-Jack Stroud-Jumbo Elliot
    DLine: Katcavage, Grier-Strahan-
    HB's - FBs: Gifford-
    Receivers:
    DBacks: Landy-Tunnell-
    TE's: Bavaro
    y'all get the idea

  • #2
    This is gonna get out of hand, but in a good way LOL

    Carson, Marshall, Lockhart, Robustelli, Toomer, Tiki(yes, I said it),

    Thats just off the top of my head. Lots more can be added with some more thought
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

    Comment


    • #3
      Jim Burt, Joe Morris
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post
        Jim Burt, Joe Morris
        Not only one of the greatest NY Giants, but probably one of the most important people of the 20th century.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

        Comment


        • #5
          BRad Van Pelt, Carl Banks at LB.

          Dave Jennings- Punter

          Comment


          • #6
            Otis Anderson - RB
            LT - LB

            Comment


            • #7
              Here's my all time team of guys I've personally watched dating back to when I first started seriously following the Giants in 93...I'll go with a 4-3 D since thats what they've predominantly played in that time
              QB- Eli
              RB- Tiki, Hampton (might not have the numbers as some others, but there was a time when he was basically all the the Giants had on O), Bradshaw (a personal fav)
              WR- Plax, Toomer, Nicks, Cruz
              TE- Shockey, howard Cross
              FB- Charles Way
              LT- Will Beatty
              LG- Ron Stone
              C- Shaun O'hara
              RG- Snee
              RT- Kareem Mckenzie

              DE- Strahan
              DT- Hamilton
              DT- Fred Robbins
              DE- JPP
              LB- Armstead
              LB- Mike Barrow
              LB- Peirce
              CB- Sehorn
              CB- TThomas
              S- Shaun Williams
              S- Gibril Wilson
              PR- David Meggett
              KR- David Wilson
              Last edited by juice33s; 01-21-2013, 01:26 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                LB - add Carson, Banks, Van Pelt
                DLine - add John Mendenhall
                RB's - add Tiki Barber, Joe Morris, Rodney Hampton
                Receivers - Toomer, Shofner
                TE's - add Bob Tucker
                Dbacks - Spider Lochart, Sehorn, Mark Collins
                Punter - Dave Jennings
                Kicker - Sean Landeta

                Comment


                • #9
                  Egads, I forgot Jonas Seawright

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                    Here's my all time team of guys I've personally watched dating back to when I first started seriously following the Giants in 93...I'll go with a 4-3 D since thats what they've predominantly played in that time
                    QB- Eli
                    RB- Tiki, Hampton (might not have the numbers as some others, but there was a time when he was basically all the the Giants had on O), Bradshaw (a personal fav)
                    WR- Plax, Toomer, Nicks, Cruz
                    TE- Shockey, howard Cross
                    FB- Charles Way
                    LT- Will Beatty
                    LG- Ron Stone
                    C- Shaun O'hara
                    RG- Snee
                    RT- Kareem Mckenzie

                    DE- Strahan
                    DT- Hamilton
                    DT- Fred Robbins
                    DE- JPP
                    LB- Armstead
                    LB- Mike Barrow
                    LB- Peirce
                    CB- Sehorn
                    CB- TThomas
                    S- Shaun Williams
                    S- Gibril Wilson
                    PR- David Meggett
                    KR- David Wilson
                    Nice list! You would have loved Bavaro if you saw him play.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by njersey View Post
                      Nice list! You would have loved Bavaro if you saw him play.
                      Him and obviously LT...I caught the very tail end of Taylor's career, infact one of my first football memories was an LT strip sack on the Bears. I remember the announcer saying something like "He had now had a sack against every team in the NFL."

                      Alot of great football plays have come and gone out of my memory, but for whatever reason that one managed to stick....Just watching old clips of Taylor though I can firmly say that the NFL has notseen anyone with his combination of speed, power and quickness since he retired. Watching him rush the QB is alot like watching a Lion take down his prey
                      Last edited by juice33s; 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                        Him and obviously LT...I caught the very tail end of Taylor's career, infact one of my first football memories was an LT strip sack on the Bears. I remember the announcer saying something like "He had now had a sack against every team in the NFL."

                        Alot of great football plays have come and gone out of my memory, but for whatever reason that one managed to stick....Just watching old clips of Taylor though I can firmly say that the NFL has notseen anyone with his combination of speed, power and quickness since he retired. Watching him rush the QB is alot like watching a Lion take down his prey
                        I was lucky enough to watch his entire career, and you are correct.....I haven't seen a defensive player match LT. Sure, on any given day, I've seen defensive players have a lights-out game.....but nobody ever player with such intensity, so consistently, and for as long as LT.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                          LB - add Carson, Banks, Van Pelt
                          DLine - add John Mendenhall
                          RB's - add Tiki Barber, Joe Morris, Rodney Hampton
                          Receivers - Toomer, Shofner
                          TE's - add Bob Tucker
                          Dbacks - Spider Lochart, Sehorn, Mark Collins
                          Punter - Dave Jennings
                          Kicker - Sean Landeta

                          John Mendenhall is a must the D-line. But Sean Landeta wasn't our kicker, he was our punter.
                          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            anyone who does not have Joe Morrison as their FB/HB is out of their mind

                            he is possibly the most important Giant of all time

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X