No announcement yet.

Jim Hermann Rejects Eagles, Will Stay With Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually hoping that Hermann would get the job, nothing against Hermann personally but since our LBers have basically sucked for so long no matter who we put back there I thought it might be time for some new ideas and thinking at that position. I know we haven't exactly given Hermann a lot of talent to work with but still something else might be wrong there and it could be the coach who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
      I was actually hoping that Hermann would get the job, nothing against Hermann personally but since our LBers have basically sucked for so long no matter who we put back there I thought it might be time for some new ideas and thinking at that position. I know we haven't exactly given Hermann a lot of talent to work with but still something else might be wrong there and it could be the coach who knows...
      Reese and Herrmann both deserve a "C-" at best when it comes to how the linebacking unit has been stocked and coached up, respectively

Reese has given the Giants nothing but retreads, conversion projects, and special teamers..... but guys like Herzlich and Rivers should have better upside than what we've seen. And Boley has taken a step back. Something is not getting through to this group.

And it's crazy that Blackburn is the Giants best linebacker.....and yet could have been signed away by another team while Reese dithered.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

They have a thing for taking Offensive coaches to run the D. Take Gilbride!!! lol

Comment

Is it the chicken or the egg? Do our LBs look bad due to poor coaching, or do our coaches look bad due to poor talent. To be honest, it could be both. Our better backers were hurt most of the season. I lean toward less talent, in the end. Can't be happy or sad over the news at this point.
          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
            "New ideas and thinking"? From the Giants? NOOOOWAYYYY that's happening! Eli runs a great no huddle offense (see just before the half in the Saints game), but how often do we run that? Almost never. I guess we're scared of running our "defense" out there with too little rest.

Comment

Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
              They have a thing for taking Offensive coaches to run the D. Take Gilbride!!! lol
              The sick was that the defense was better under Castillo than Bowles.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                Is it the chicken or the egg? Do our LBs look bad due to poor coaching, or do our coaches look bad due to poor talent. To be honest, it could be both. Our better backers were hurt most of the season. I lean toward less talent, in the end. Can't be happy or sad over the news at this point.
                It's a great question.....what is sure is that nothing seems to be happening on the assembly line from drafting to coaching....mediocre in, mediocre out......the "Phillip Dillard Production Line."
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

There's a man with loyalty and who certainly knows there is some unfinished business here in New York!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                    There's a man with loyalty and who certainly knows there is some unfinished business here in New York!
                    Not a question of loyalty. The guy felt that it wasn't the right move for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X