Defensive conditioning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    what are the strength and conditioning issues this team has?

this is forum fabrication......there are not any

...and are you implying that these guys are not eating right , stretching and doing correct exercises ?

you do know that this is a storied professional franchise highly established since 1925 correct?

these players have diets, stretches, and workouts specifically tailored to each player and their specific needs and goals......every minute of the day is accounted for within these players workouts from how much water they drink down to how much sleep they should be getting.......for some players every single step they take during the day is measured with pedometers to get precise calculations on injuries and to help with preventative measures

so if you think for a second that these guys are not getting the proper treatment that a professional athlete needs then you wasted a second of your life
    Sometimes I get the impression people don't read an entire post before responding to it. I am not implying anything, in fact I stated several times that I don't know of any specific issues related to conditioning. It seems to me that you don't like the point I made so instead of addressing it you try to twist what I said into something else entirely, then ask me to debate your fabrication. If you don't feel like reading and comprehending the entirety of my post, that is fine, but don't quote it and respond to something entirely different... it will clear up a lot of confusion.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
      Injuries are part of football. It is a collision sport. All the conditioning in the world won't stop your knee from bending in an unnatural position.
      Case in point was all the outrage last year that possibly Terrel Thomas' injury from his collision w JPP could have possibly been prevented with "better" condidtioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
        Case in point was all the outrage last year that possibly Terrel Thomas' injury from his collision w JPP could have possibly been prevented with "better" condidtioning.
        I think someone even claimed that Prince breaking a bone in his foot was due to conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
          I was actually thinking about that scenario when I wrote my post.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
            I have stated for years that I think a lot of our injuries are due to a lack of conditioning.

I think that a staunch conditioning program would greatly benefit the team. Granted, there are some of the guys that are always in shape but most are huffing and puffing all over the place.

It may not be laziness but sometimes an expert can come in and show folks how to train better and be better prepared. I think we should invest in a dedicated conditioning program run by experts and we should also grab a top of the line QB coach too. I was kinda hoping after we didn’t make playoffs that Peyton would win SuperBowl and retire and come over and be Eli’s QB coach.
            What makes you think they don't already have a "staunch conditioning program" in place. Unless you are with the team and witness their preparations, how can you comment on what you think they are or are not doing. You have no basis for your point what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
              Sometimes I get the impression people don't read an entire post before responding to it. I am not implying anything, in fact I stated several times that I don't know of any specific issues related to conditioning. It seems to me that you don't like the point I made so instead of addressing it you try to twist what I said into something else entirely, then ask me to debate your fabrication. If you don't feel like reading and comprehending the entirety of my post, that is fine, but don't quote it and respond to something entirely different... it will clear up a lot of confusion.
              i addressed everything in your post

maybe you need to read your own post over

trying to mask your lack of understanding the subject with saying I didn't read your post doesn't work

thanks

Comment

i addressed everything in your post

maybe you need to read your own post over

trying to mask your lack of understanding the subject with saying I didn't read your post doesn't work

thanks
                am sure that they do... but working hard doesn't always equate to being in top condition. Eating, stretching and doing the correct lifts/exercises in the proper way is what matters. Again, not suggesting they are or are not. I don't know of any specific injuries that the Giants see more than other teams because of conditioning... but if there is evidence that they have an issue, the strength and conditioning coach would be the first one that should take the blame. If they are all in great shape and there are no issue, then he should be lauded as a great coach.
                It is very unlikely to have a great coach with lousy results, or a lousy coach with great results.
                Or maybe you saw just the first sentence... Read the bold part again. As a moderator I would have expected better, calling me "stupid" in a nice way is no different than coming out and saying it directly.

My comments never suggested that conditioning was an issue. If you don't want to discuss the point I did make originally, that's fine... then leave it at that and debate the conditioning with those that are actually questioning it.
                My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                  Yes he is. I had high hopes for him. I thought he could really contribute. I was wrong.
                  Me too....of all the guys drafted that year, Austin was the guy I was most excited about.

He's got one more year to prove he's not a bust.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

This is why Jimmy Johnson is a winner.

There's laying out a strength and conditioning program, and expecting everyone to put on their big boy pants and follow it.

And then there's someone like Jimmy Johnson, who is going to fire people up...

"I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                      Or maybe you saw just the first sentence... Read the bold part again. As a moderator I would have expected better, calling me "stupid" in a nice way is no different than coming out and saying it directly.

My comments never suggested that conditioning was an issue. If you don't want to discuss the point I did make originally, that's fine... then leave it at that and debate the conditioning with those that are actually questioning it.
                      sensitive are we?

if that is calling someone stupid then remind me to bring a pacifier if we converse again

again....I addressed your post accordingly

Comment

sensitive are we?

if that is calling someone stupid then remind me to bring a pacifier if we converse again

cant we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                          cant we all just get along?
                          I get along with everyone my friend

Comment

sensitive are we?

LOL, deflecting much?

Comment

Playing tough is more about attitude than conditioning. There's plenty of people who look like Tarzan, but play like Jane.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

I agree with this. Beatty doesn't look any bigger now that he did when he arrived as a rookie. The number one knock on him was he need to bulk up more and get stronger.....That never happened...

Comment

Working...
                                X