Defensive conditioning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive conditioning

Listening to Mike n Mike today and Jaworski commented on how physical the ravens D was late in the season and attributed it fantastic conditioning. I would agree totally. Some have pointed to injuries that plague the giants as a direct link to conditioning. Now I know all teams suffer injuries, its football. But I felt both teams going in to the superbowl have dominating defensive players and it seems the conditioning their coaches put upon them certainly pays off.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

I've been on this for a long time.
    The Giants coaches need to do a much better job with this.
    There has to be much more time dedicated to the conditioning of these athletes.
    These nagging injuries that continue from one year to the next cannot be acceptable.
    Thank You!!!

Comment

the Giants have one of the best conditioning staffs not only in the NFL but in all of sports

Jerry Palmieri is an award winning strength and conditioning trainer and is highly regarded and coveted in the league

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        the Giants have one of the best conditioning staffs not only in the NFL but in all of sports

Jerry Palmieri is an award winning strength and conditioning trainer and is highly regarded and coveted in the league
        No matter how often you say it, people will still not believe you.

Comment

defensive conditioning could very well be the problem since the team seems to run out of gas as the season goes on

Comment

Exactly. The majority of the time you see alot of "hands on hips"
            Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

yea I dont buy our great conditioning because on the field shows otherwise. That award is probably more like NBA all star game where people just vote the guys they know and you get tracy mcgrady 5 years out of his prime with no knees and averaging 5 ppg getting to play in the all star game

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluetribe View Post
                yea I dont buy our great conditioning because on the field shows otherwise. That award is probably more like NBA all star game where people just vote the guys they know and you get tracy mcgrady 5 years out of his prime with no knees and averaging 5 ppg getting to play in the all star game
                I have to agree with you. The Giants looked spent against the Falcons and Ravens.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

if these guys are not motivated enough to keep them selves in top condition there is nothing any trainer or coach can do

these are grown men people

the NY Giants trainers put them on the best lifting , cardio, and dietary programs ...... custom built for each player

if they are winded and out of shape it is their own lazy *** fault for not putting in the extra work

any pro athlete that needs his hand held by a coach or trainer will not last long in any league

Comment

ok.....so grown men need their hands held to stay conditioned?

and yes Jerry is award winning voted on by his peers ....the best in the business

Comment

but YA could their lak of motivation be attributed to coaching staff though?

Comment

and ya dont tell me you think these guys are grown men. lets not be so naive here

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                          if these guys are not motivated enough to keep them selves in top condition there is nothing any trainer or coach can do

these are grown men people

the NY Giants trainers put them on the best lifting , cardio, and dietary programs ...... custom built for each player

if they are winded and out of shape it is their own lazy *** fault for not putting in the extra work

any pro athlete that needs his hand held by a coach or trainer will not last long in any league
                          Something is apparently not getting communicated, then.

Marvin Austin won't be gracing a Wheaties box anytime soon.
                          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

but YA could their lak of motivation be attributed to coaching staff though?
                            I'm not in the lockerroom so I have no idea

what I do know is that these players love Jerry

and he goes out of his way for them on a daily basis and loves every one of his players like they are family.....some even call him papa Palmieri

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                              Something is apparently not getting communicated, then.

Marvin Austin won't be gracing a Wheaties box anytime soon.
                              do you honestly need me to tell you that Marvin Austin is a lazy ***?

all the coaching and motivational speaking in the world couldn't get that kid off his backside

Comment

Working...
                              X