Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Giants' Free Agent Profile: OT William Beatty, Will He Stay Or Go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Giants' Free Agent Profile: OT William Beatty, Will He Stay Or Go?

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/21/...or-will-he-go/

Excerpt: "As the New York Giants head towards what looks like a busy offseason, with 19 unrestricted free agents and a handful of high-priced veterans possibly on the re-negotiation or chopping blocks, this our favorite time of the year to play armchair GM.

Giants General Manager Jerry Reeseand his staff will have to ponder all of these questions at some point this offseason (and make decisions that actually matter!), but we're off to the races this offseason and in this series we'll be going through each one of the Giants UFA's and ask the Armchair GM what he thinks.

First up, offensive tackle Will Beatty.

A second-round pick whose road to the starting lineup was slow and marred by a few injuries, Beatty had a healthy and productive season in 2012, just in the nick of time. Just in time for free agency, he's proved himself to be a quality NFL starting left tackle.

The Giants don't exactly have talent waiting in the wings in case Beatty departs for greener contracts, with aging and expensive David Diehl and young, untested James Brewer as the next two guys on the roster. Yikes." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

We need to keep three FAs: Beatty, Cruz,and Bennett. After that Boothe if possible
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If he goes we are ****ed beyond belief.... he is the TOP prority on the team by far.
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        We need to keep three FAs: Beatty, Cruz,and Bennett. After that Boothe if possible
        I agree, in that order.
        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
          If he goes we are ****ed beyond belief.... he is the TOP prority on the team by far.
          I wouldn't be surprised if they let him go and kept diehl

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
            Luckily, FA is prior to the draft. So, if he does go we can react accordingly come draft time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
              I truly hope you do not believe that.

Comment

yup.. I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  I truly hope you do not believe that.
                  I don't think that will happen nor do I want it to but I wouldn't be surprised though.

Comment

Now you're just trying to incite a riot

Comment

I don't think that will happen nor do I want it to but I wouldn't be surprised though.
                      Well, it wouldn't be surprising insofar as one player is under contract for next season and the other is not. If it happened I wouldn't think it would speak to how the FO felt about either player.

Comment

Now you're just trying to incite a riot
                        no I'm not, but from the looks of it Diehl may be coming back and beatty is still a FA

Comment

no I'm not, but from the looks of it Diehl may be coming back and beatty is still a FA
                          It's entirely way too early to say that any of us have a feel of what's going to happen come the official start of the offseason.

Comment

Reese will make Beatty a fair offer having nothing to do with Diehl. I don't know what it would cost in terms of CAP space to release Diehl but everyone is under the microscope.

Comment

Reese will make Beatty a fair offer having nothing to do with Diehl. I don't know what it would cost in terms of CAP space to release Diehl but everyone is under the microscope.
                              We'll incur about $3m of dead money by releasing Diehl, but we'd be free of his $4.1m base salary.

Comment

Working...
                              X