Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
    Swing and a miss.
    Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
      Flacco is a bit worse than Eli, Eli is a better precision passer (can put the ball on the money) but Flacco has the better arm and can put balls up for grabs and his WR's will get it.
      That's an Eli trademark.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
        That's an Eli trademark.
        Yeah that's what i was saying lol. Plenty of times where i've seen Nicks just out jump his guy and snatch the ball.

Comment

Yeah I think they're comparable, sure. Both have similar, emotionless demeanours on-field, and have been derided by their own fans and media alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            Why is that?
            You know and I know and everybody else knows that if Flacco wins it all, it will not start a discussion, "Is Joe Flacco a good QB".

It will start the "Is Joe Flacco elite" discussion. And Eli will be extensively used in the discussion. What will be difficult for some on this board is that Eli will actually be used as an example that Flacco has to meet to be considered elite.

But since there is zero chance that you would describe Ei as Elite, you deftly sidestepped the obvious.
            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
              That's an Eli trademark.
              Eli usually throws those kind of balls with a lot more accuracy, Flacco is just a prayer.

Comment

I think Flacco throws a better ball than Eli, tight spiral with speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                  You know and I know and everybody else knows that if Flacco wins it all, it will not start a discussion, "Is Joe Flacco a good QB".

It will start the "Is Joe Flacco elite" discussion. And Eli will be extensively used in the discussion. What will be difficult for some on this board is that Eli will actually be used as an example that Flacco has to meet to be considered elite.

But since there is zero chance that you would describe Ei as Elite, you deftly sidestepped the obvious.
                  It's simple. If you thought that Eli was elite after his 2007 SB win, you better think that Flacco is also elite. Anything else is a double standard.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                    I think Flacco throws a better ball than Eli, tight spiral with speed.
                    Almost everyone throws a better ball than Eli.

And Peyton for that matter.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Almost everyone throws a better ball than Eli.

And Peyton for that matter.
                      Oddly enough, I think that's one of the reasons why Eli gets so much flak. Just because his passes don't look pretty, people belittle his skill. The whole perception vs. reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                        Oddly enough, I think that's one of the reasons why Eli gets so much flak. Just because his passes don't look pretty, people belittle his skill. The whole perception vs. reality.
                        Oh for sure, definitely. It bothered me a ton prior to last year.

Comment

The term elite is thrown around way to much. They are both good QB's.

Comment

who cares? Eli is our QB and I am damn happy to have him, goofiness and all.

Comment

If Flacco wins the SB, will it be too early to start talking H.O.F?

Comment

What is with all these RIDICULOUS posts comparing other QB's of much lesser stature to Eli....... it's such a joke stop it.
                                "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Working...
                                X