Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    No. But your characterization of Eli's play in the playoffs is WAY overstated. His play last year in the playoffs was very good, but hardly the greatest of all time. Its not like we went out and scored a ton of points. As a matter of fact, our offense with Eli as our QB has only scored more than 24 points once in the playoffs.That's hardly "unmatched" in NFL history."Moving the ball between the 20's".. isn't hard in today's NFL.
    This may be true but that beating he took in the 49ers game was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      This may be true but that beating he took in the 49ers game was impressive.
      I thought Eli played very well in all 4 games.
      I just resist looking at a stat like "yards in a single postseason" and drawing some grandiose conclusion from that.
      I mean Joe Flacco will probably beat that this year. What does that tell you?
      First of all it tells me that we didn't earn a first round bye.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

No. But your characterization of Eli's play in the playoffs is WAY overstated. His play last year in the playoffs was very good, but hardly the greatest of all time. Its not like we went out and scored a ton of points. As a matter of fact, our offense with Eli as our QB has only scored more than 24 points once in the playoffs.
        That's hardly "unmatched" in NFL history.
        "Moving the ball between the 20's".. isn't hard in today's NFL.
        Yeah...I think the point was to tell me why they compare...you got a timetable for that or should I assume you will just say stats don't matter.
        Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

I thought Eli played very well in all 4 games.I just resist looking at a stat like "yards in a single postseason" and drawing some grandiose conclusion from that.I mean Joe Flacco will probably beat that this year. What does that tell you?First of all it tells me that we didn't earn a first round bye.
          Yeah stats are not always the way to go. If they where people would never call Eli elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
            Those passing yards were irrelevant? I promise we needed every one of 'em to win in SF and to win the SB.

Care to argue that?

Let me help you...you don't. There is no arguing it. We won because of those yards. And in SF, we won because Eli was able to take a horrific beating and still make those throws.

in 2007, Eli set an odd SB record in the 4th quarter...do you know what it is?
            and hes not even telling the truth in the post u quoted. like a month ago there was a thread that got turned into a simms discussion and MS was pulling stats and saying verbatim "Simms beat Marino, Montana, Elway..." and talking about how Simms won the SB with his performance...

Comment

I thought Eli played very well in all 4 games.
              I just resist looking at a stat like "yards in a single postseason" and drawing some grandiose conclusion from that.
              I mean Joe Flacco will probably beat that this year. What does that tell you?
              First of all it tells me that we didn't earn a first round bye.
              So you think Flacco is gonna throw for almost 400 in the SB...if our giving odds, I will take that action.

And my grandiose conclusion was that he had the record, and it doesn't compare to the feeble Tebow stat.
              Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                and hes not even telling the truth in the post u quoted. like a month ago there was a thread that got turned into a simms discussion and MS was pulling stats and saying verbatim "Simms beat Marino, Montana, Elway..." and talking about how Simms won the SB with his performance...
                I like Morehead and I like Simms, so I have to let that slide, sorry.

Comment

Is your point that the Eli's record playoff performance, a performance never before equaled by any QB in the league ever, has some relevant connection to a 2 game streak featuring a 40% completion percentage and two touchdowns (although the one against the Steelers was epic).

Care to tell the class in detail why the compare?
                  Look hard enough and there are plenty of QBs that have "records". Whether or not they actually mean anything is another story.

Have a look. Fascinating stuff.

http://kgov.com/tim-tebow-nfl-records
                  Last edited by gumby74; 01-22-2013, 11:32 PM.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                    Look hard enough and there are plenty of QBs that have "records". Whether or not they actually mean anything is another story.

Yeah...we're still waiting for you to justify the comparison. Here's a hint: Eli's directly lead to a SB win; Tebow's lead to nothing

By the way, that a record for Tebow or just BS from you?
                    Last edited by Delicreep; 01-22-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I like Morehead and I like Simms, so I have to let that slide, sorry.
                      i know i like both them too. i was just saying, his whole "i root for the Giants, not player "x" like its an indictment on eli "homers" when he does the same thing only with simms.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

Yeah...we're still waiting for you to justify the comparison.
                        By the way, that a record for Tebow or just BS from you?
                        Heh. No comparison. Just showing that there are lots of accolades and records out there if you really look for them.

I honestly don't know regarding the Tebow record. I heard it from some Tebow person the other day and just regurgitated it - assuming he did his homework. Bad assumption on my part it seems. I can't seem to find that record anywhere.
                        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

I will agree that Flacco is like Eli in that both QBs elevated their team and both fanbases largely spat in their faces for it. =P

People fell in love with Eli after he started bringing home Lombardis. I don't see why the same couldn't happen for Flacco.

Comment

I care that my team won 2 SB's. I'm glad that our QB played an important part of that. But these are TEAM wins. These are TEAM SB's,
                            Our teams are made up of players, some better than others, who play together and have been able to go on two great SB runs.

And as for records like "most yards in the first quarter" or "longest opening drive" or whatever (I made those up) ....I say who the hell cares. Those kind of things mean nothing.
                            But putting those things aside and talking about our QB....I say he's a fine young man and a very good player. He has been a part of two historic playoff runs and he has been a part of some horrible play by our team as well.
                            I'm a Giants fan. I was for 40 years before we won our SB in 07. And God willing, I will be in 40 more years. And we'll probably be arguing about THAT QB when it happens.
                            Ha. We will be argueing about Eli Manning III (EM III), the rookie QB that leads NY Giants to SuperBowl victory or maybe he will name his kid MS after you.

Comment

Nope.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Coaches and players really don't care about those things. (at least not the ones that matter) I promise you, "yards in a playoff is not only irrelevant to me, its also irrelevant to Eli.
                                Yes it is and that is the kicker. Obviously, Eli Manning is more concerned about winning SuperBowls than his own stats and that means a heck of a lot.

Hopefully we see 2011 Eli Manning back next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X