This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drez View Post
    Run the numbers for yourself. I speak the truth. I believe when I did it, I ended up disregarding the rookie years for both Eli and Brady (I counted full seasons only).
    Because Eli doesn't put up the stats Brady does, I cannot see him overtaking him in the stats position.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Run the numbers for yourself. I speak the truth. I believe when I did it, I ended up disregarding the rookie years for both Eli and Brady (I counted full seasons only).
      The first 7 years are indeed closer than what you would expect. Brady and Brees both turned it on after 7 years. Eli's 7th year was in 2011 and that's when he turned it on. That's why I got super excited. I was hoping that Eli would continue the trend that Brady and Brees set. Then there was 2012. I think that's why we're all overstating our disappointment. Had Eli not had a brilliant 2011 and kept the status quo, i don't think the Eli talk would have been as negative.
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        And we're all born a blank slate.

I love outdated philosophy.
        I don't get your point but this theory seems about right for Eli, it took about 5 years for him to finally get it..

Comment

Statistically, Eli isn't too far off from Brady at similar points in their careers (Brady has higher comp% and waaaay fewer INTS), but yards and TDs are actually very close.

Peyton is a bit ahead of the both of them.
          I'll take the INT's given our offense. Thats just part of the package.

Comment

Eli at age 32 is a good QB, even a very good QB. He's been the QB for two Giants teams that have won SB's. This is a good thing.
            Eli at age 32 is far from a great QB and not in the league with some of the players he's being compared to in this thread.

BTW...I love you all.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Eli at age 32 is a good QB, even a very good QB. He's been the QB for two Giants teams that have won SB's. This is a good thing.
              Eli at age 32 is far from a great QB and not in the league with some of the players he's being compared to in this thread.

BTW...I love you all.
              Welp..boards were fun for a little bit..

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                Welp..boards were fun for a little bit..
                The boards were dead for the last week.
                Lets face it Rudyy...........I complete you.

Comment

The boards were dead for the last week.
                  Lets face it Rudyy...........I complete you.
                  um

no

Comment

um

no
                    Your words (and a strangely excessive use of the space function on your keyboard) say no.
                    But your eyes say...YES YES YES!!!

Comment

Because Eli doesn't put up the stats Brady does, I cannot see him overtaking him in the stats position.
                      You'd be very surprised. Brady didn't start putting up huge numbers until '07, before then he was much closer to the 3500yds/30td range on average.

Comment

You'd be very surprised. Brady didn't start putting up huge numbers until '07, before then he was much closer to the 3500yds/30td range on average.
                        The irony is that he's a much better player now, then when they won those 3 SB's. The Pats defenses however are much, much worse.

Comment

Your words (and a strangely excessive use of the space function on your keyboard) say no.
                          But your eyes say...YES YES YES!!!
                          Stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Stop embarrassing yourself.
                            Not possible.

Comment

Not possible.
                              Clearly lol.

Comment

One thing for sure... we won't ever have to worry about any whispers that, "Eli has lost a step."
                                hahahaha... he never had it.
                                For a long QB life we know RG3, Kaepernick, Vick, Wilson, etc. are going to have to totally change their game to be effective at 36-38.
                                Eli can just be the same old Easy E.
                                Ya gotta knock on wood when you think about how injury free he's been, for the most part. For such slow feet, he makes subtle adjustments in the pocket that buy him time... on a single play, and on his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X