Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Giants' FA Profile: WR Domenik Hixon, Will He Stay Or Go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NY Giants' FA Profile: WR Domenik Hixon, Will He Stay Or Go?

    http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/22/...or-will-he-go/

    Excerpt: "Domenik Hixon may not be the biggest name at wide receiver for the New York Giants with Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz on the team, but the Giants are going to have to make a decision on Hixon's future with the team as the battle-tested veteran hits free agency.

    Hixon's had his share of setbacks, from the Kevin Everett situation to two seasons lost to separate ACL repairs, but he's always battled back and last year proved he was still a capable player.

    Hixon has been really flexible for the Giants: he's played the slot, he's lined up outside and he's always been a reliable and productive special teams player. He certainly has value to the Giants…but with Nicks and Cruz entrenched at the top of the depth chart (and getting closer to new contracts of their own), Reuben Randle heading coming on strong and Jerrel Jerniganheading into his third year, we wonder if the Giants will want to pay what Hixon is worth on the open market." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    for cheap, yes.. as the #4

    Comment


    • #3
      stay

      Comment


      • #4
        He's not going to command a ton of money and he has versatility that would be nice to have when someone goes down.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          well seeing as hes a fan fav, reliable in performing at the level he's shown, cheap, and humble, soft spoken but in a leadership type way...def. keep him around for a few more yrs even...

          maybe he can become our Decker (the Broncos #2 WR), if it hadnt been for the injuries and tough breaks, he prob would be and then some...

          Comment


          • #6
            He's a gamer, he needs to be kept around, no question!

            Comment


            • #7
              The article uses a great work to describe Hixon, "capable". If the price is right he should be kept as the number 4 WR. However, he isn't worth getting into a bidding war with another team over.
              #80

              Comment


              • #8
                Would love to have Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and Hixon as our receiving corp next year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  The article uses a great work to describe Hixon, "capable". If the price is right he should be kept as the number 4 WR. However, he isn't worth getting into a bidding war with another team over.
                  I think Hixon would be happy with a realistic offer from Reese. I don't see him as one who would create drama.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    I think Hixon would be happy with a realistic offer from Reese. I don't see him as one who would create drama.
                    But, not only that, he hasn't done enough to really warrant a bidding war, especially when you consider his twice torn ACL. There aren't going to be a lot of teams that are going to throw a ton of money at someone with his injury history.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That being said, I really do hope we're able to hang on to him. While he may not be special, he's solid and often times that's just what you need in your 3rd or 4th guy... Just someone who knows what they are doing and can go out and do it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Drez View Post
                        But, not only that, he hasn't done enough to really warrant a bidding war, especially when you consider his twice torn ACL. There aren't going to be a lot of teams that are going to throw a ton of money at someone with his injury history.
                        Which is why I think Reese will sign him. He has value here. He has survived a season without any knee issues which is pretty remarkable IMO
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Which is why I think Reese will sign him. He has value here. He has survived a season without any knee issues which is pretty remarkable IMO
                          Yup. And I don't think Hixon has an unrealistic view of his value. So long as the offer is fair, I'm sure he'll be an easy re-sign.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            That being said, I really do hope we're able to hang on to him. While he may not be special, he's solid and often times that's just what you need in your 3rd or 4th guy... Just someone who knows what they are doing and can go out and do it.
                            He's the kind of guy you can plug in anywhere at WR or the return game and know he'll be where he's supposed to be and do what he's supposed to be doing.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              Yup. And I don't think Hixon has an unrealistic view of his value. So long as the offer is fair, I'm sure he'll be an easy re-sign.
                              He also knows Reese salvaged him from the scrap heap with he was having emotional issues after that ST hit that knocked return man out and they first thought he'd be paralyzed.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X