• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water pistol?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/22...rt-griffin-iii

Excerpt: "Chris Ault, architect of the pistol offense employed by the San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks and others, says a team without a running quarterback can still use many of the concepts.

Could the New York Giants run some of the newly-popular -- and wildly successful -- pistol offense, even with the slow-footed Eli Manning at quarterback? Chris Ault, architect of the pistol, told NFL.com on Tuesday that teams with non-running quarterbacks -- like the Giants -- can certainly implement parts of the pistol running attack.

"They could run the pistol formation," Ault said Tuesday on 'NFL AM.' "They don't need to run the read part of it. When we first put the pistol in, in 2005 and 2006 (at Nevada), that's all we ran. We ran the power, the gaps, the counters, the zones, the outside stuff. We did not run the read at that time. So, the pistol offense, the most important thing there, is you can run any offense you've been running. And this is how we created it, and then we advanced the pistol run game -- the read part of it -- two years later." Read more...

No offensive concept works without a bruising offensive line. We haven't had one of them in quite some time.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        No offensive concept works without a bruising offensive line. We haven't had one of them in quite some time.
        We need to address that for real this season. That's one of the reasons I hope we keep Bennett and Beatty.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Eli Manning could play with a hula hoop too.

The pistol garbage is fad. Defenses will adjust like they have to other gimmick offenses. Relying on Qbs to run in the NFL has a very limited shelf life.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
            You can run the pistol without necessarily having a option or running QB. Quick slants, direct snaps to the RB, and Play action bombs are all effective w/o the threat of a QB run. However, I'm not sure that our completion % or yards per carry would increase at all. No real data to compare.
            Agreed....the Steelers actually ran the pistol when Roethlisberger was injured....the idea is that the running back gets the ball closer to the line of scrimmage than the shotgun, but the QB doesn't need to drop back as much as when he's under center.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by Markroman View Post
              Eli Manning could play with a hula hoop too.

The pistol garbage is fad. Defenses will adjust like they have to other gimmick offenses. Relying on Qbs to run in the NFL has a very limited shelf life.
              Pistol isnt a gimmick, it has nothing to do with a running QB.

Comment

Pistol?

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                Pistol isnt a gimmick, it has nothing to do with a running QB.
                The last gun incident we had was with Plaxico.

I think Eli could possibly consider adapting a portion of this new fad occasionally, but honestly i think Gilbride would
                hesitate.

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                  The last gun incident we had was with Plaxico.

I think Eli could possibly consider adapting a portion of this new fad occasionally, but honestly i think Gilbride would
                  hesitate.
                  We used it a few times late last season.

Why do you think Gilbride would hesitate?

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    He ran for our first score of the year in '11 against Washington.
                    That's right.

Rudy was my side chick.

Comment

Originally posted by Drystt View Post
                      That's right.
                      I wonder what the odds in Vegas were on that​!!!!

Comment

BRING BACK SINORICE!!!!!!!!!

(How would i go about making that statement red?)

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          wilson is gonna go OFF next year...his running style is just conducive to getting maximum yardage possible. hes burst and power creates an inertia that if he is met at the LOS, he's gonna continue moving forward until the kinetic energy is stopped and hes tackled, but if he can get thru the LOS, the momentum builds and well...its just remarkable. i honest to god would not trade wilson for any rb right now, i mean if AP was viable yeah but even then its not automatic for me. i truly believe wilson is going to be something truly special...
                          Nice physics lesson
                          Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            I wonder what the odds in Vegas were on that​!!!!
                            As good as manti te'o having a real girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              I feel like we will use a pistol-draw, over and over.
                              haha

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                nice to see my shops still getting some love

Comment

Working...
                                X