Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/23/...level-in-2013/

Excerpt: "New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck is not happy with himself. As he continues to breakdown game film from the 2012 season, he sees a player he doesn't recognize; a player he doesn't want to be. And while attending a Garden of Dreams charity event at MSG on Tuesday night, the veteran lineman vowed to be better in 2013.

“That’s what it’s going to be for me, getting back to the Pro Bowl, All-Pro type status that I’m accustomed to playing at,” Tuck said. “I’ve been watching film of myself the last couple weeks and it’s just frustrating to see that I haven’t played to that standard and that’s going to be a definite focus for me.”

Tuck played poorly across the board in 2012, and faded down the stretch. Not only was he failing to reach the quarterback, but also began to suffer against the run. He finished the season with only four sacks – his lowest total since 2006 – and had little impact elsewhere, failing to force or recover a single fumble." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

yawn...show me.

Comment

^

Did he watch any film of himself contemplating retirement or slobbering over RG3?
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

His play was disappointing but so was most of the team. Don't see everyone being nearly as tough on other players that didn't perform. So many are talking about making Rolle the captain and he probably played just as bad if not worse and makes to much money. At least Tuck plays the run well.

Comment

I vow to be excited when he does.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Is Justin delusional how is this OK. Does that mean he didnt put in the effort to be a great player? If he can just work harder and become a pro Bowl player again then why didnt he put forth the effort the last 2 seasons. Probably will play better isnt it a contract year for him

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Is Justin delusional how is this OK. Does that mean he didnt put in the effort to be a great player? If he can just work harder and become a pro Bowl player again then why didnt he put forth the effort the last 2 seasons. Probably will play better isnt it a contract year for him
              He's just trying to hang onto his large paycheck which now exceeds his contribution to the team. I don't begrudge him that but JR has to wring every last bit of production out of the money he can spend under the cap. JR needs to be the adult in the room and right size Tuck's contract or move on. I expect it to be renegotiated with Tuck retiring a Giant.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                ^

Did he watch any film of himself contemplating retirement or slobbering over RG3?
                lmfao
                sigpic
                FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  I vow to be excited when he does.
                  My thoughts exactly. No hard feelings for the guy, but we need someone that produces on the field...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Why are you guys filled with so much hatred towards our star players? Jesus. Tuck could be a 2 time Superbowl MVP for us, as recently as last year, and you guys are completely shredding this guy apart. You guys do the same with Osi. Without those 2, IMO, we dont win superbowls. Lighten up. These are our players. Great players at that. Yeah, they had a down year last year, but who didnt????

I hope Tuck can rebound and think if he truely wants to and can stay healthy, he can. I thought he started playing better towards the end of the year.

Not to mention the man had a seriously emotionally tough off the field year.
                    I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      His play was disappointing but so was most of the team. Don't see everyone being nearly as tough on other players that didn't perform. So many are talking about making Rolle the captain and he probably played just as bad if not worse and makes to much money. At least Tuck plays the run well.
                      Every player who regressed has been raked over the coals, it's not just about Tuck. As others have said, he needs to play better, not talk better and that goes for ALL of the players.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I disagree with everyone who questions Tuck's heart. Without him, we have zero SB wins in the past 5 years.

I just think that his body can't hold up to be an every down player in the NFL any more. I believe that if we reduce his snaps, we can increase his effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Tuck had a horrible year all around. He averaged less than 2 tackles a game. I'm sorry but he did not do well against the run either. I am all for giving him one more year to turn it around but he shouldn't be the captain. He should just focus on his own play.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            I disagree with everyone who questions Tuck's heart. Without him, we have zero SB wins in the past 5 years.

I just think that his body can't hold up to be an every down player in the NFL any more. I believe that if we reduce his snaps, we can increase his effectiveness.
                            Then if his body can't handle it and he needs to reduce his snaps, then he also needs to reduce the dollars in his paycheck. If you look at his demeanor on the field and how much he was seen sulking this year, it is very understandable why people would question his heart. He is supposed to be a leader out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              He's just trying to hang onto his large paycheck which now exceeds his contribution to the team. I don't begrudge him that but JR has to wring every last bit of production out of the money he can spend under the cap. JR needs to be the adult in the room and right size Tuck's contract or move on. I expect it to be renegotiated with Tuck retiring a Giant.
                              $5 mil isn't that large a paycheck for a DE; Tuck has been underpaid his entire career.

Comment

Working...
                              X