Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Many on here think that injuries have reduced Tuck to a mediocre player. We want better than that, whether it's Tuck improving or someone else.

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm glad he can turn it on and turn it off when he wants to.

      Comment


      • #18
        Well, if he is VOWING to be better, maybe he will consider a pay cut? He certainly hasn'tbeen playing at the level he negotiated his deal from, back few years ago, so let's talk business instead of emotion here. Restructure his contract, and keep him to his word. If he doesn't man-up, at least we'll be helping the cap situation. If he only plays at a mediocre level, pay him at a mediocre level.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
          Then if his body can't handle it and he needs to reduce his snaps, then he also needs to reduce the dollars in his paycheck.
          He's under no obligation to do anything. Yearly salaries aren't performance based.
          Originally posted by Razur View Post
          Well, if he is VOWING to be better, maybe he will consider a pay cut? He certainly hasn'tbeen playing at the level he negotiated his deal from, back few years ago, so let's talk business instead of emotion here. Restructure his contract, and keep him to his word. If he doesn't man-up, at least we'll be helping the cap situation. If he only plays at a mediocre level, pay him at a mediocre level.
          A restructure isn't a pay cut.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            He's under no obligation to do anything. Yearly salaries aren't performance based.
            Umm, thanks captain obvious..
            #80

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Every player who regressed has been raked over the coals, it's not just about Tuck. As others have said, he needs to play better, not talk better and that goes for ALL of the players.
              Not giving him a pass for his poor play, but it seems like more people want him run out of town than any other player and he was not the only underachiever on the team this year. As far as talking, this is not trash talking. The season is over and he just said he wants to return to form. Pretty obvious he needs to be better next year. Nothing wrong with what he said.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                Not giving him a pass for his poor play, but it seems like more people want him run out of town than any other player and he was not the only underachiever on the team this year. As far as talking, this is not trash talking. The season is over and he just said he wants to return to form. Pretty obvious he needs to be better next year. Nothing wrong with what he said.
                In 2011 Tuck had similar issues but was able to get his head straight and we went to the playoffs. When the symptoms resurfaced in 2012, it was more disappointing for most fans. Some think he should have done better in 2012 but he was clearly not the All Pro player we need to have on the field. The downfall was not his fault but he didn't do very much to be a beacon in the dark and that can be said of a lot of our players.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #23
                  I feel Eli had a bad year this year, and he is making 4X more then Tuck.... Eli 20M vs Tuck 5M
                  The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    I disagree with everyone who questions Tuck's heart. Without him, we have zero SB wins in the past 5 years.

                    I just think that his body can't hold up to be an every down player in the NFL any more. I believe that if we reduce his snaps, we can increase his effectiveness.
                    We just overpaid for a situational player this year (Osi) ... and look how that turned out
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      I feel Eli had a bad year this year, and he is making 4X more then Tuck.... Eli 20M vs Tuck 5M
                      Ok? Lol
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        Ok? Lol
                        Care to explain why this funny?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Maybe mentally he wants to be there, but physically it won't happen. It's obvious that his body can't keep up anymore.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            I disagree with everyone who questions Tuck's heart. Without him, we have zero SB wins in the past 5 years.I just think that his body can't hold up to be an every down player in the NFL any more. I believe that if we reduce his snaps, we can increase his effectiveness.
                            Leaders have to keep their doubts internal. Show no weakness to friend or foe. I'm more concerned with his mental and emotional weakness than his physical decline.
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                            "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                              Umm, thanks captain obvious..
                              Stupid statement gets a stupid response.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                                Not giving him a pass for his poor play, but it seems like more people want him run out of town than any other player and he was not the only underachiever on the team this year. As far as talking, this is not trash talking. The season is over and he just said he wants to return to form. Pretty obvious he needs to be better next year. Nothing wrong with what he said.
                                I think the problem people are having with Tuck was the body language. He seemed resigned to the fact that he sucked and couldn't get better and he showed it. The other thing is that he was the leader of the defense. When you have a high profile position like that you are going to get the criticism. As my old First Sergeant used to say "Lead, Follow or get the **** out of the way".

                                He became more of a detriment and instead of saying..Coach, I can't get it together, try one of these young guys out...or something. He tried to stay in. He wasn't the only problem but sometimes you shake things up by taking out the leader.
                                Last edited by Rat_bastich; 01-23-2013, 10:38 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X