Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Yeah, he didn't look fired up all year, but people need to also get it out of their heads that he is a vocal leader.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      Care to explain why this funny?
      Two different scenarios. We need Eli, we don't NEED Tuck. In addition, Eli doesn't vow every year to play better knowing he maybe injured, but continues to play and be ineffective. Mind you after a bad play, you see Eli on the sidelines with Gilbride looking at the playbook. Not shaking his head with his hands on his hips. I already know what you're gonna say "Eli needs to play better". Of course he does.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        I feel Eli had a bad year this year, and he is making 4X more then Tuck.... Eli 20M vs Tuck 5M
        Eli is making $13 M in 2013 fwiw

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          Two different scenarios. We need Eli, we don't NEED Tuck. In addition, Eli doesn't vow every year to play better knowing he maybe injured, but continues to play and be ineffective. Mind you after a bad play, you see Eli on the sidelines with Gilbride looking at the playbook. Not shaking his head with his hands on his hips. I already know what you're gonna say "Eli needs to play better". Of course he does.
          Right so because they need Eli more than Tuck what was said about him playing bad and making so much more does not sound so funny. Oh, and after every throw Eli makes that face, points to something, and bows his head. Not defending Tuck on his sideline attitude.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            Right so because they need Eli more than Tuck what was said about him playing bad and making so much more does not sound so funny. Oh, and after every throw Eli makes that face, points to something, and bows his head. Not defending Tuck on his sideline attitude.
            k.
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
              $5 mil isn't that large a paycheck for a DE; Tuck has been underpaid his entire career.
              +100

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Razur View Post
                Well, if he is VOWING to be better, maybe he will consider a pay cut? He certainly hasn'tbeen playing at the level he negotiated his deal from, back few years ago, so let's talk business instead of emotion here. Restructure his contract, and keep him to his word. If he doesn't man-up, at least we'll be helping the cap situation. If he only plays at a mediocre level, pay him at a mediocre level.
                Should the Giants pay him more for the years when he outplayed his deal?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                  Leaders have to keep their doubts internal. Show no weakness to friend or foe. I'm more concerned with his mental and emotional weakness than his physical decline.
                  I don't buy that he was an integral leader in leading the Giants to two SB's in the last 5 years, but suddenly this year he didn't lead. We really don't know how he leads in the locker room and it seems to me that we are probably judging his leadership based solely upon the outcome of the season (i.e., we did not have a great season so that must mean that Tuck was not a great leader).

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    Right so because they need Eli more than Tuck what was said about him playing bad and making so much more does not sound so funny. Oh, and after every throw Eli makes that face, points to something, and bows his head. Not defending Tuck on his sideline attitude.
                    eli didnt have a bad year by any means. he just didnt have a great one...tuck was absolutely putrid sans the last game of the season.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                      ^

                      Did he watch any film of himself contemplating retirement or slobbering over RG3?
                      lmao nice one.

                      Tuck its to late you wimp
                      Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                        lmao nice one.

                        Tuck its to late you wimp
                        Why don't you drive over to Giants Stadium and call him a wimp to his face?? Internet muscles!!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Real Pro Bowl Players are there year after year, they don't take time off and whine, sure he got dinged up but the real ones play through it, think Justin has passed up on his dreams of greatness.
                          Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                            Real Pro Bowl Players are there year after year, they don't take time off and whine, sure he got dinged up but the real ones play through it, think Justin has passed up on his dreams of greatness.
                            +1
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                              Real Pro Bowl Players are there year after year, they don't take time off and whine, sure he got dinged up but the real ones play through it, think Justin has passed up on his dreams of greatness.
                              You have no idea what his physical issues were, and thus have no idea whether or not he could have "played throught it" any more than he did. This post is just silly. "Justin has passed upo on his dreams of greatness" . . . lol. You can't be serious with this stuff.
                              Last edited by TCHOF; 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                You have no idea what his physical issues were, and thus have no idea whether or not he could have "played throught it" any more than he did. This post is just silly.
                                You must've missed the whole season. Playing through an injury and playing with no will to win are completely different and Tuck played with zero will.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X