Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Only the coaching staff would really know and common sense would dictate that someone of Tracy's size is just not a good fit for a large amount of snaps on the DL. Ojomo might just be too raw or perhaps he isn't doing the right things at practice to gain play time?Anyway, this is one of those few times I will use blind faith. Something just tells me Tuck will bounce back for one more good season.
    Perhaps. But still, I just can't see him being the player he once was.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Perhaps. But still, I just can't see him being the player he once was.
      The fact is we don't have a long term answer at the DE position to pair with JPP and that needs to be addressed this offseason. It's time to get someone like Alex Okafor, Tank Carradine, or Datone Jones in the draft.

Comment

The fact is we don't have a long term answer at the DE position to pair with JPP and that needs to be addressed this offseason. It's time to get someone like Alex Okafor, Tank Carradine, or Datone Jones in the draft.
        question is are any of them going to be starters.Do they sit on the practice team for a year.
        Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
          question is are any of them going to be starters.Do they sit on the practice team for a year.
          Probably situational snaps like rushing the passer on 3rd downs and giving Tuck and JPP occasional breathers but we all know the Giants aren't going to gamble on someone else as the starter unless said player does something amazing in the preseason/training camp on a consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by OX1 View Post
            He just does not seem like he has the fire to get back to that level.
            In fact his moods seem to range from nonchalant to down right mopey.....
            yea exactly!

he didnt appear hungry for another ring and seems satisfied with the two he has!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
              If we use a high pick on a pass rusher, he will not be on the practice squad and will definitely be used in the rotation.

Comment

Probably situational snaps like rushing the passer on 3rd downs and giving Tuck and JPP occasional breathers but we all know the Giants aren't going to gamble on someone else as the starter unless said player does something amazing in the preseason/training camp on a consistent basis.
                Even when they do something amazing, they'll probably just be inactive all season even if they make the roster...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Even when they do something amazing, they'll probably just be inactive all season even if they make the roster...

+1

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    If we use a high pick on a pass rusher, he will not be on the practice squad and will definitely be used in the rotation.
                    okay just like we used Ojomo oops wait no they used Tuck instead. Now I know you know nothing about how TC runs a team

Comment

• Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                      okay just like we used Ojomo oops wait no they used Tuck instead. Now I know you know nothing about how TC runs a team
                      Ojomo was a high pick? Sorry, I didn't know that. I thought he was some undrafted FA who made the roster by the skin of his teeth. Thanks for the education!

Comment

• It's not like Ojomo was beating All-Pro tackles in his rookie preseason like JPP did against Damien Woody (the first T he ever beat). When it comes to pass rushing, this coaching staff has earned the right for us to believe in them on who is worthy for opportunities on game day.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Ojomo was a high pick? Sorry, I didn't know that. I thought he was some undrafted FA who made the roster by the skin of his teeth. Thanks for the education!
                          your welcome

Comment

Working...
                          X