NY Giants Keep Or Dump: Chris Canty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL Even though he was injured in 2012, he still played pretty well when he played.
    More accurately, the play by his replacements when he was out was particularly poor.

Bring him back at reduced price.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
      That has to be a restructure....he's solid in the middle!
      The entire line was like marshmallows all year. Maybe we were watching different defenses.

Comment

KEEP HIM! We are getting a player in 2013-2014 that basically had a year off. He is a heady player with great respect inside the locker room and on the field. His philanthropic efforts though the Chris Canty Foundation helps thousands of kids in the NY metropolitan area, around the country, and internationally.

i have been a Giants fan since Y.A., Del Shofner, Sam Huff, Andy Robustelli, and Spider. Canty is a man that represents the Giants the way Wellington would have wanted.

Canty is a WINNER!!! (and a native New Yawkah!)

Comment

Originally posted by BKMon View Post
          KEEP HIM! We are getting a player in 2013-2014 that basically had a year off. He is a heady player with great respect inside the locker room and on the field. His philanthropic efforts though the Chris Canty Foundation helps thousands of kids in the NY metropolitan area, around the country, and internationally.

i have been a Giants fan since Y.A., Del Shofner, Sam Huff, Andy Robustelli, and Spider. Canty is a man that represents the Giants the way Wellington would have wanted.

Canty is a WINNER!!! (and a native New Yawkah!)
          So we should keep a mediocre defensive tackle, whos always hurt. And over pay him just because he has foundation???

Comment

He can still play and should be given the opportunity to lose his position. Off-field activities speak solely to his character and work ethic.

Comment

One ot the signings of Reese I didn't like. Yet started to like him down the line but Reese still gave him too much money.

Comment

Overpaid? Definitely. But I think he stays mainly because who else do we have to replace him? Keep in mind, we're in win now mode.
                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                  Overpaid? Definitely. But I think he stays mainly because who else do we have to replace him? Keep in mind, we're in win now mode.
                  Yeah you are right about that.

Comment

We can't dump him unless we get a solid impact player to take his place.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                      According to the article, the contract is 8.2mm, and cutting him would clear 6.5mm

I like Canty, but that's a pretty heavy cap hit....would much rather see them use that to attact a top-end linebacker.
                      Linebackers? The Giants dont need LB's according to Jerry Reese. It seems to him LB's are overrated.

You would think they would get the hint when our safety's are
                      make plays 20 yds down the field on 5 yd crossing routes!!!
                      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Cant cut him casue then we are left with Austin starting and no depth. If we had some salary cap space then maybe we could cut him and sign another veteran for a cheaper price but given the situation we cant sign anyone. Plus, I think he played really well this year once he came back.

Comment

Too big of a cap hit. Keep him. He was injured last season. He played great in 2011. Just let him play out his contract.

Comment

Too bad we can't play the Cowboys 16 times a year, Canty would be an all-pro. But saying that like a few have mentioned we have no depth at the position and his cap hit will be too much releasing him.

Comment

Our d-line was man-handled all season long from one end to the other, It's hard to argue a case for keeping anyone at this point. Even JPP looked pedestrian this season.
                              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

keep him and tell him to get his big *** in gear and start ****ing leveling people......
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X