No announcement yet.

Revis for our 1st?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any way to pull this off with out the inclusion of the first? can't we job the jets like everyone else? lol. steep price for a one year rental,,he would have to agree to contract extension if we got him and he will command big bucks. don't see it happening but he and prince with there 3 safety set would be formidable(assuming revis' knee is good to go)

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
      I strongly disagree with your last point. A system is only as good as the players that are in it. In other words why not just stock up on good players? I would never say to myself "i don't want Von Miller on this team, he doesn't fit the system", or ware, or Patrick Willis, or James Harrison, etc. I don't care what system they are in. I think it would make more sense to say "That guy is a great player, we can find ways to fit him into our system and play him to his strengths". It's a coaches job to find ways to utilize the talent they have.

Also, Revis is good in zone as well. It just benefits the team more to play him in man to man coverage. Why waste a corner in zone if he can shut down The best receiver on the other team? If we play against qbs like Rg3 kapernick or Wilson, and we have great corners who excel in man to man coverage, we could blitz contain and play press. I doubt any of these Qbs would put on a show like did they this season against a defense like the jets were 3-4 years ago when rex first got there.

And last but not least why not just change the system then? If you have corners who are better at man to man then dont play so much zone. Blitz more. use a qb spy instead of zone. The only reason i wouldnt want revis for a first is because of the ACL injury.But when he is healthy he is the best defensive player in the NFL and probably the best corner to ever play the game.

I think we use the word "system" and try to complicate things too much. If you're a good corner then you are a good corner. If you're a great Quarterback then you are a great quarterback. Get the Great player first, worry about the "system" later.
      Well said, theoretically you hit it on the head.

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
      Too bad this is the Giants. Adapt or die.
      Boom, reality!
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

If the jets offered Revis for a first, I would counter with a second for Cromartie. No? Hell, he can't be worse than Corey Toaster...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Besides their cap problems, they wont be able to tag revis after this season...should offer a 2nd and if plays a certain amount of games should give them a first.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Note to Mods......

Did you notice how well I took being called a bad word?

Just saying...... Need some good will capital.
            VDC, that was very good of you. Everyone on the MB is proud.

Comment

I would take the risk and give up a 1st rounder for Derrele Revis if it were up to me. Granted he is coming of an ACL injury but if he comes back healthy, there is not a better corner in NFL. Heck, in my opinion he is one of the top 5 corners of all time.

Comment

Too expensive. We need a MLB and another option to stop the run.
                We'll find a corner somewhere but the best CBs in the game won't stop the run on this team.

Comment

Never ever going to happen. Not only would the jets never trade him to us, but we aren't even sure if we can pay Nicks and Cruz. We definitely can't sign them AND Revis

Comment

just to throw this out there,,,randy moss was traded for a fourth rounder back in 2005 when he was healthy and still playing at a high level. first I don't think they trade him across town, but offer a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year, or something like that. the problem is his contract is up next year so he would be a rental, unless a new contract could be negotiated. I just heard robin lundberg say he is looking for $60 million in guaranteed money? that's where all of this becomes a dream rather than a reality.

Comment

Can't imagine the Giants taking on that type of salary. Even though he would solidify our secondary we can't afford his contract.

Comment

With our luck, as soon as he got here the refs would suddenly start calling all his PI.

Comment

Of course. The guy is a top #3 corner.

Comment

Webster, Rolle and a 3rd for Revis. That should shave off enough cap.

Comment

If your concern is just to get by RG3 and prepare for him defensively, you need to wake up, as thats all you will be, NFC Champs and Lose in the Playoffs. You better figure a way to Stop SF and their Zone Read Offense, before Kaperneck makes us Look silly next year...With what they have in place for OL,LB,DL,TE,RB,QB, they look like the team to beat for some time. With that said, we need LB who can cover the likes of VD and Corners who can cover the likes of DT,Dex,Megatron,Packers Wr etc... Our first 3 picks need to be LB,OL,CB or LB,CB,OL.

We need a fast,Impact, Covering , tackling, Machine with that first pick. I guy who when met the challenge vs the best team in NCAA Football last year left it all on the Field vs ALABAMA... that Pick is Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia. ...If you do not think so...just watch this video of him.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....2013-NFL-Draft

Comment

more ACL issues for the Giants.....nah....
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X