No announcement yet.

Revis for our 1st?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we did trade him for a 1st rounder, could the Giants renegotiat his contract? Either way its not the type of move Giants would make.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Giving up 12000 yards in two years says otherwise.
      Speaking of a guy who want PF fired.......

Oh and BTW...the scheme you have been advocating is that of Spags. Interestingly enough his defense gave up the most yards in NFL history this season. The league is changing Dez. Press coverage is dangerous with these mobile QB's.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

NO.....he is damaged goods, and wants more $ every year. As far as I am concerned he doesn't have leverage for more $ when he is coming off an ACL injury year.....

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
          I strongly disagree with your last point. A system is only as good as the players that are in it. In other words why not just stock up on good players? I would never say to myself "i don't want Von Miller on this team, he doesn't fit the system", or ware, or Patrick Willis, or James Harrison, etc. I don't care what system they are in. I think it would make more sense to say "That guy is a great player, we can find ways to fit him into our system and play him to his strengths". It's a coaches job to find ways to utilize the talent they have.

Also, Revis is good in zone as well. It just benefits the team more to play him in man to man coverage. Why waste a corner in zone if he can shut down The best receiver on the other team? If we play against qbs like Rg3 kapernick or Wilson, and we have great corners who excel in man to man coverage, we could blitz contain and play press. I doubt any of these Qbs would put on a show like did they this season against a defense like the jets were 3-4 years ago when rex first got there.

And last but not least why not just change the system then? If you have corners who are better at man to man then dont play so much zone. Blitz more. use a qb spy instead of zone. The only reason i wouldnt want revis for a first is because of the ACL injury.But when he is healthy he is the best defensive player in the NFL and probably the best corner to ever play the game.

I think we use the word "system" and try to complicate things too much. If you're a good corner then you are a good corner. If you're a great Quarterback then you are a great quarterback. Get the Great player first, worry about the "system" later.
          Oddly enough, and a bit off topic, but that's how Reese describes his draft philosophy
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Speaking of a guy who want PF fired.......

Oh and BTW...the scheme you have been advocating is that of Spags. Interestingly enough his defense gave up the most yards in NFL history this season. The league is changing Dez. Press coverage is dangerous with these mobile QB's.
            Who does Spags have? Vilma? That defense has nooobody.
            I never suggested we replace Perry with Spags. Id like to do some things Spags does, like send more than 4 guys more than once a game if that. and have our corners closer to WRs instead of giving them 8 to 10 yards to work with almost every play.

So giving up 6000+ yards a season is the new normal now? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Oddly enough, and a bit off topic, but that's how Reese describes his draft philosophy
              Its certainly true that we used Webby in press coverage in 2011. Not really sure if we did that this season or not. So I'm sure he could fit here if we made some adjustments to our scheme.
              But he's a guy coming off an ACL. He's extremely expensive and has shown that he is willing to hold out to get what he wants.
              Would our defense be better on average with him in it? ....Probably. Is it worth a 1st round pick and all the other potential problems? .... No.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Who does Spags have? Vilma? That defense has nooobody.
                I never suggested we replace Perry with Spags. Id like to do some things Spags does, like send more than 4 guys more than once a game if that. and have our corners closer to WRs instead of giving them 8 to 10 yards to work with almost every play.

So giving up 6000+ yards a season is the new normal now? Give me a break.
                No. We need better players. We need player that can stay on the field.
                Get those two things and our defense will perform quite well.

Comment

No. We need better players. We need player that can stay on the field.
                  Get those two things and our defense will perform quite well.
                  We also need players that care. Some of these guys have decided that since they have two rings they can just coast the rest of their careers. It's one thing to see Corey Toaster get burned due to some nagging injury, but what about Tuck and Osi?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Its certainly true that we used Webby in press coverage in 2011. Not really sure if we did that this season or not. So I'm sure he could fit here if we made some adjustments to our scheme.
                    But he's a guy coming off an ACL. He's extremely expensive and has shown that he is willing to hold out to get what he wants.
                    Would our defense be better on average with him in it? ....Probably. Is it worth a 1st round pick and all the other potential problems? .... No.
                    I don't think Reese would give up a 1st for a player coming off ACL surgery. He usually takes a conservative approach as with Smith and Boss.
                    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      We also need players that care. Some of these guys have decided that since they have two rings they can just coast the rest of their careers. It's one thing to see Corey Toaster get burned due to some nagging injury, but what about Tuck and Osi?
                      Well Osi is essentially gone and I can't imagine that anyone would accuse Tuck of not playing his *** off.
                      I don't know if effort is a problem. Maybe it is to some limited extent. But to me the real problem is simply the quality of play on the field.
                      We have a lot of ordinary players on defense. Our best player (JPP) is constantly being displaced to playing out of position by Osi on passing downs.
                      (I guess that IS coaching). But we just need more playmakers on defense. We have gotten old pretty fast on that side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        I don't think Reese would give up a 1st for a player coming off ACL surgery. He's usually takes a conservative approach as with Smith and Boss.
                        Of course he won't.
                        But it does give us something to talk about.

Comment

Well Osi is essentially gone and I can't imagine that anyone would accuse Tuck of not playing his *** off.
                          I don't know if effort is a problem. Maybe it is to some limited extent. But to me the real problem is simply the quality of play on the field.
                          We have a lot of ordinary players on defense. Our best player (JPP) is constantly being displaced to playing out of position by Osi on passing downs.
                          (I guess that IS coaching). But we just need more playmakers on defense. We have gotten old pretty fast on that side of the ball.
                          Admitting we have a problem is the first step.

Comment

Revis is one of the best CB ever. He abused the likes of Nicks and Dez in 2011. If we don't look into this further i'll be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                              Revis is one of the best CB ever. He abused the likes of Nicks and Dez in 2011. If we don't look into this further i'll be disappointed.
                              they are over the cap already with 22 FA's they need to lock up JPP,Cruz,Nicks and Beatty at the min there is no way they can afford a 12 Million dollar a year CB. They would also likely have to part with 2 1st round picks

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                                Coming off knee surgery and never allows his contract to actually be put to bed. He's a bad bet for us.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X