Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revis for our 1st?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    What would happen if somebody like the Eagles, or Redskins traded for him? Would you guys be comfortable with facing this guy 2 times a year? Remember when Samuel was a "product of the pat's system" he killed us everytime we met him. Just wondering because I wouldn't want Nicks or Cruz to be locked up on this guy twice a year.
    Yes, I would feel comfortable. In fact, I'd be happy, as signing him means that they were only able to sign one excellent player as opposed to two or three very good players. I'm sure you freaked out in '11 when Philly went on a FA spending spree. How'd that work out for them?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Eli for Tebow and Revis, and we save money! Huzzah!
      These threads came a lot earlier this year than I expected, usually the guys who want to trade our whole draft away don't come around till april it seems

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Drez View Post
        Yes, I would feel comfortable. In fact, I'd be happy, as signing him means that they were only able to sign one excellent player as opposed to two or three very good players. I'm sure you freaked out in '11 when Philly went on a FA spending spree. How'd that work out for them?
        No I didn't, I thought it was foolish and didn't think Asmougah (sp) would fit very well, Jenkins also, and them signing Vick to that contract and Jackson also was funny.

        I would be afraid if they traded for Revis though, I think he'd kill us worse than Samuel did. Reese totally blew the play evaluation on that one.

        Comment


        • nandi asumawha..... but with a bad knee,, no thx

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LoveRack View Post
            nandi asumawha
            Wow, you "Dahmer"-ed that. Nnamdi Asomugha.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
              Not even the best corner on the Jets afterall!
              What are you talking about?? I know at the moment he is coming off injury but he is the best to do it since he's been in the league. Don't even say that Cro is better then him

              Comment


              • Even if the Jet's were to trade Revis. There is no way in hell they would trade him to the Giants. They are dumb but not that dumb.

                And by the way, we made the mistake of relying too hard on a CB coming off an ACL last year, and he didn't really cost us anything. Beat it Revis!!!
                #80

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  Even if the Jet's were to trade Revis. There is no way in hell they would trade him to the Giants. They are dumb but not that dumb.

                  And by the way, we made the mistake of relying too hard on a CB coming off an ACL last year, and he didn't really cost us anything. Beat it Revis!!!
                  OK...I certainly don't think the Giants would have any interest in Revis, but putting that aside, why wouldn't they trade him out of the conference? Seems actually smart to me.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Best move for the Jets would be to trade him for a quarterback. Let's hope they don't work a deal for the Niners back-up.
                    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      OK...I certainly don't think the Giants would have any interest in Revis, but putting that aside, why wouldn't they trade him out of the conference? Seems actually smart to me.
                      I'm sure Revis would be fine with it, too, as he wouldn't need to move.
                      Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                      Best move for the Jets would be to trade him for a quarterback. Let's hope they don't work a deal for the Niners back-up.
                      Alex Smith will be a free agent, you have to think he'll be a target for them. He's nothing amazing but he'd be a clear improvement over Sanchez.


                      I was thinking Patriots for a package involving Ryan Mallett... Big money for them, though, and the Jets wouldn't want to trade within the division. Still, it'd be a Patriots move.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
                        No I didn't, I thought it was foolish and didn't think Asmougah (sp) would fit very well, Jenkins also, and them signing Vick to that contract and Jackson also was funny.

                        I would be afraid if they traded for Revis though, I think he'd kill us worse than Samuel did. Reese totally blew the play evaluation on that one.
                        But, he's only one player. A player that wants a 4 year contract with $60m guaranteed. Great, let one of our rivals sign him. Sure, they improved in one area, but they aren't going to be able to improve in several others for it.

                        Bottom line is that he's only one player.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
                          What would happen if somebody like the Eagles, or Redskins traded for him? Would you guys be comfortable with facing this guy 2 times a year? Remember when Samuel was a "product of the pat's system" he killed us everytime we met him. Just wondering because I wouldn't want Nicks or Cruz to be locked up on this guy twice a year.
                          Fine with me let them trade 5 starters for1 player. Its going to cost 2 High draft picks plus the money he will get u could get 2 very good starters or 3 solid 1's from it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            I'm sure Revis would be fine with it, too, as he wouldn't need to move.

                            Alex Smith will be a free agent, you have to think he'll be a target for them. He's nothing amazing but he'd be a clear improvement over Sanchez.


                            I was thinking Patriots for a package involving Ryan Mallett... Big money for them, though, and the Jets wouldn't want to trade within the division. Still, it'd be a Patriots move.
                            Smith still has two more years on his contract. Sanchez and Smith are virtually the same QB. He'd be an improvement, but not by much.

                            Comment


                            • He may be the best CB in football, but he is absolutely toxic. I would not want him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                OK...I certainly don't think the Giants would have any interest in Revis, but putting that aside, why wouldn't they trade him out of the conference? Seems actually smart to me.
                                Yes absolutely smart. Just not to the Giants. That would be PR suicide. Trade their best player to big brother? That would be like the Mets trading David Wright to the Yankees. The fans would go bananas.
                                #80

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X