Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Free Agent do you want most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    outside of some of our own guys, and thinking about our Cap situation, i woulden't mind if we could get Wallace Gilberry DE Bengals and i woulden't mind taking a shot on Derek Cox CB Jags.. Theres plenty of other guys out there, and for all i know, we can't afford these guys, but as far as possible affordable guys , these would be 2 that i'd be interested in..
    add phil dawson,,we need a kicker with a real leg.

    Comment


    • #32
      outside of this organization I hope we bring in a young but veteran starting Olineman or MLB...not some scrub who is on and off due to injury.

      inside we need to keep Beatty, Cruz and Bennett on tap...I think if we get a nice compliment at RT or guard our Oline will be inline to get our run and pass attack going again which means Cruz and Martellus will have fantastic seasons!

      I could stand it if we re-signed Osi but not at the risk of bringing in great talent at MLB in FA...Osi is capable but I think Kiwi and Adrian tracy shift to fill that void and have great seasons as long as our defensive coordinator can make the pieces fit properly this time around! I still believe T'eo would suffice as a rookie!

      Phillips seems to make this defense work the way it needs to but that is scary **** because he is often injured and not on the field...dammed if you do and dammed if you don't in this case...maybe Webster could be shifted to Safety AND take a pay cut.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Will Beatty, Victor Cruz, Martellus Bennett
        THIS!!!!
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          THIS!!!!
          Stevie Brown..??

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            Stevie Brown..??
            HIM TOO!!!!
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
              this.. and Loadholt or Vollmer to play RT
              100% agree!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by hungrrrry View Post
                outside of this organization I hope we bring in a young but veteran starting Olineman or MLB...not some scrub who is on and off due to injury.

                inside we need to keep Beatty, Cruz and Bennett on tap...I think if we get a nice compliment at RT or guard our Oline will be inline to get our run and pass attack going again which means Cruz and Martellus will have fantastic seasons!

                I could stand it if we re-signed Osi but not at the risk of bringing in great talent at MLB in FA...Osi is capable but I think Kiwi and Adrian tracy shift to fill that void and have great seasons as long as our defensive coordinator can make the pieces fit properly this time around! I still believe T'eo would suffice as a rookie!

                Phillips seems to make this defense work the way it needs to but that is scary **** because he is often injured and not on the field...dammed if you do and dammed if you don't in this case...maybe Webster could be shifted to Safety AND take a pay cut.
                Where is all of the money for these signing going to come from?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  Where is all of the money for these signing going to come from?
                  pull it out of their ***...they need to figure it out...my job as a fan is not to worry about that, my job is to demand it

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by hungrrrry View Post
                    pull it out of their ***...they need to figure it out...my job as a fan is not to worry about that, my job is to demand it
                    Why not just demand that they sign Jake Long and Loadholt, then trade for Revis and Patrick Willis then?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Bones911 View Post
                      Hey guys we are entering free agency in little over a month. What Free Agent would be at the top of your list the Giants to go after? Do not let money get in away. What guy would your drool over for.

                      My pick: OT Jake Long

                      I have no idea if he will resign with Miami or if they will Franchise him. This year the Franchise tag for OT would be 15 million. That's a lot of money to reserve a guy. If Reese would be able to get him here in NY he would solidify the line, open up holes for the running game and be a true leader in the locker room. Not to mention he is young enough that he could be a Giants for years to come protecting our best asset Eli.

                      So who is your top Free Agent Priority?
                      Even if we had the cap space, JR is not going to spend primo money on a top LT like Long. He'll be looking for more unheralded players (and less expensive) like when he signed O'Hare. I'm not interested, anyway, in breaking the bank on FA's. If we were only a player away, then fine, but that may not be the case with this time. We'll see next season.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                        Even if we had the cap space, JR is not going to spend primo money on a top LT like Long. He'll be looking for more unheralded players (and less expensive) like when he signed O'Hare. I'm not interested, anyway, in breaking the bank on FA's. If we were only a player away, then fine, but that may not be the case with this time. We'll see next season.
                        Wasn't O'Hara an Accorsi signing? Reese broke the bank on Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty; he isn't afraid to dive head-first into the free agent pool.

                        Reese wouldn't pay top dollar for an OL simply because he doesn't appear to value the position too highly - who knows why. Reese inherited Accorsi's great o-line and has just let it die.
                        Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-27-2013, 12:03 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Resign: Beatty, Boothe, Bennett, Stevie, Rivers, Cruz, Hixon, Cordle, Lumpkin, Tracy, Tryon, Tynes, Pascoe (done), Locklear, Barden

                          Don't Resign: Phillips, Witherspoon, Blackburn, Bernard, Rodgers, Osi, Carr, Beckum, Torain

                          Restructure or cut: Webster, Canty, Diehl, Tuck, Bradshaw

                          You know you aren't worth it, but you are married to the coach's daughter or are a prized FA signing, so please give up money: Snee, Bass

                          FA signing: Loadholt

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by born blue View Post
                            Resign: Beatty, Boothe, Bennett, Stevie, Rivers, Cruz, Hixon, Cordle, Lumpkin, Tracy, Tryon, Tynes, Pascoe (done), Locklear, Barden

                            Don't Resign: Phillips, Witherspoon, Blackburn, Bernard, Rodgers, Osi, Carr, Beckum, Torain

                            Restructure or cut: Webster, Canty, Diehl, Tuck, Bradshaw

                            You know you aren't worth it, but you are married to the coach's daughter or are a prized FA signing, so please give up money: Snee, Bass

                            FA signing: Loadholt
                            What about Andre Brown?
                            New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              phil dawson

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                Wasn't O'Hara an Accorsi signing?
                                Yes he was.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X