Bring Spags back!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Sam Bradford, Danny Amendola, Brandon Lloyd and Danario Alexander?
    Bradford? You mean the young QB with a poor offensive line and no receivers?
    What has Lloyd done?
    I give you Amendola but he gets injured too often, and was he really that good when Spags was there?

Comment

• Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
      He didn't have the personell to be successful, you could of put any DC there and they wouldn't of done good. NO took the best on the market which was Spags to try to get something out of the slow and old D, not even Spags could.
      There's a difference between not doing well and being the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Where ya been?
        Hey Buckeroo...
        Had laptop issues. Just getting back up with my computer. Been on here and there.
        How are things??... Clod as a witches teet up here....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          But he hired and fired him in one year. He obviously didn't like what he saw/heard.
          Sure, if Spags had run a great defense this year he wouldn't have been fired, however, you cannot make the claim that a great coach fired him. Payton never worked with him and then decided to go in a completely different direction defensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            Hey Buckeroo...
            Had laptop issues. Just getting back up with my computer. Been on here and there.
            How are things??... Cold as a witches teet up here....
            I did my walk in 17 F weather. Brrrrrrrr

Expecting snow around noon time here.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• I wouldnt complain if we broughht back Spagnuolo. However, I would feel bad for Fewell. He didnt necessarily fail at his job...he won us a SB

Comment

Do you live in VA?
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  There's a difference between not doing well and being the worst defense in the history of the NFL.
                  Do you think anybody else could get anything out of that D?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Do you live in VA?
                    Yes ma'am
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'd imagine they would have done a better job than Spags. Like I said, there's a difference between not doing well and being the worst ever. If Spags was as good a coach as people think, even if NO still had the worst defense in the NFL this season it shouldn't have ranked as the worst defense that was ever fielded in the history of the NFL.

Comment

thats too cold for me.....
                        yeah we are supposed to get some snow too but not much.
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          I'd imagine they would have done a better job than Spags. Like I said, there's a difference between not doing well and being the worst ever. If Spags was as good a coach as people think, even if NO still had the worst defense in the NFL this season it shouldn't have ranked as the worst defense that was ever fielded in the history of the NFL.
                          I doubt it. No matter how good of a coach you are if you don't have the players you won't do well. Good coaches have had bad years (maybe even the worst Defense in the league years) when they don't have people to implement their philosophy or scheme.

Comment

We'll never know. But their defense was ranked 24th in 2011 and dropped to 32nd in 2012

Comment

We'll never know. But their defense was ranked 24th in 2011 and dropped to 32nd in 2012
                              An even more objective comparison for the NO defense.

369 yards/game 21.2 points/game

2012 (with Spags)
                              440 yards/game 28.4 points per game

Thats a huge difference (to the worst) in 1 season with essentially the same players.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                An even more objective comparison for the NO defense.

369 yards/game 21.2 points/game

2012 (with Spags)
                                440 yards/game 28.4 points per game

Thats a huge difference (to the worst) in 1 season with essentially the same players.
                                Minus a few key players and the HC. Losing Sean Payton effected the whole team IMO. Not to mention the whole Bountygate thing over their heads. Spags was set up to fail.
                                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                                X