Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Yes ma'am
    I aways assumed you lived in VA by your name. I am over here in Alexandria.

Comment

• Im all for a new DC but this thread is stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Im all for a new DC but this thread is stupid
        Come on now, I found the weather discussion enthralling.

Comment

• When you have to debate whos defense is/was worse, Spags or Fewell, one would think the majority of logical people would want neither.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            That's the question, is it an upgrade? For three years Spags has failed miserably.
            That truly is the question and in my opinion yes but that's all it is is my opinion.......

FYI - I think we're all aware that there's zero chance that this is going to happen......unless something unfortunate happens to Fewell in the very near future......any takers?

Comment

• Try living in Vermont. I walked to my 8am class at -10F this morning. 17F is warmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                FYI - I think we're all aware that there's zero chance that this is going to happen
                It's just something to talk about during the off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Minus a few key players and the HC. Losing Sean Payton effected the whole team IMO. Not to mention the whole Bountygate thing over their heads. Spags was set up to fail.
                  There is failure and then there is "worst defense in the history of mankind.....by a lot" .....kind of failure.

Spags suffered the latter.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Spags tanked the Saints' season. Brees' 43 touchdowns and 5000+ yards couldn't keep the team afloat because the defense couldn't stop anyone.
                    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Sure, if Spags had run a great defense this year he wouldn't have been fired, however, you cannot make the claim that a great coach fired him. Payton never worked with him and then decided to go in a completely different direction defensively.
                      I don't get this. It is undipsputed that Payton fired him.

He didn't work with him but he looked at the film and knows what was going on defensively.

Comment

• Spags will go to KC with Andy Reid as a position coach. Were not getting rid of Fewell. Pipe dreams are only worth discussing when there is more than 0% chance of it happening.

Comment

• The 2007 Giant Defense wasnt even that good until the playoffs. The 2008 Defense was good but it got worn down from lack of depth. Osi got hurt before the season guys started getting banged up and they didnt have the bodies to make up for it

Comment

• Schematically, I've got no problems with PF's defense. The execution by the players on the other hand...

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              I don't get this. It is undipsputed that Payton fired him.

He didn't work with him but he looked at the film and knows what was going on defensively.
                              You're missing my point. I'm saying that Payton isn't firing him based on any kind of experience on having worked with Spags. He's fired him just based on the poor results of this season. It's like a new GM coming to a team and cleaning house. There's nothing personal about it.

Comment

• What's the difference between a good co-ordinator and a bad co-ordinator if it all comes down to player execution?
                                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Working...
                                X