Bring Spags back!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Ya think maybe JR is not happy about Spags leaving?
    Makes me think of that scene in Beverly Hills Cop.

JR: Heyyyyyy Cuuuuuuzzzzzzz
    Spags: Are you still pissed at me?
    JR: It's just a business, Spags, wish you well
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
      What has he done in the past 4-5 years to make you believe that he will be successful again?
      Belichek was a disaster at Cleveland for five years and Parcells hired him back as DC in 1996. What happened? Oh yeah - Patriots went to the Super Bowl that year. Its not what Spags did at St Louis and NO that matters. Its what he did for our defense when he was here -which was amazing. He is the best DC we've had - period. I say he should get the opportunity to try again.

Comment

• or at least that we've had since Billy Cheat.

Comment

• Originally posted by pathas View Post
          Belichek was a disaster at Cleveland for five years and Parcells hired him back as DC in 1996. What happened? Oh yeah - Patriots went to the Super Bowl that year. Its not what Spags did at St Louis and NO that matters. Its what he did for our defense when he was here -which was amazing. He is the best DC we've had - period. I say he should get the opportunity to try again.
          Or did our players make the difference?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Good Job my friend!
            For some reason the moderator just doesn't want to give in.
            Must be related to Fewell or something...

Comment

Good Job my friend!
              We simply have differing opinions

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Or did our players make the difference?
                hell yes they made a difference - Just like the players on the GIANTS will make a difference for Spags when he comes back.

Comment

hell yes they made a difference - Just like the players on the GIANTS will make a difference for Spags when he comes back.
                  2014 is a long way off but I am glad you realize the players made him the "best DC we've had"

Comment

Actually, I'd say Belichick or Landry were the best DCs we've ever had. Fox is coming in close there, too.

What Spags did with our defense 5-6 years ago is rather inconsequential at this point in time. Our defense wasn't even that great for most of '07. We fielded a decent pass rush, but they didn't tighten the screws until the playoffs. In '08 he led a dominant defensive unit. That's it. In his 6 years as DC or HC, he can lay claim to having one great playoff run and one great season. That's it. I'm not saying that he's crap and won't ever have success again, but at this point he's had several opportunities to do so and hasn't. At least BB after leaving Cleveland went on to have immediate success again as a DC. He also didn't do nearly as horrible a job in Cleveland as his record suggests.

If we're looking to bring back DCs that have had some modicum of success in the past, why not bring back Tim Lewis, he's led several top 10 and top 5 defenses?

Comment

I like this guy!!!

Comment

Good Job my friend!
                        definetley

Comment

Actually, I'd say Belichick or Landry were the best DCs we've ever had. Fox is coming in close there, too.

What Spags did with our defense 5-6 years ago is rather inconsequential at this point in time. Our defense wasn't even that great for most of '07. We fielded a decent pass rush, but they didn't tighten the screws until the playoffs. In '08 he led a dominant defensive unit. That's it. In his 6 years as DC or HC, he can lay claim to having one great playoff run and one great season. That's it. I'm not saying that he's crap and won't ever have success again, but at this point he's had several opportunities to do so and hasn't. At least BB after leaving Cleveland went on to have immediate success again as a DC. He also didn't do nearly as horrible a job in Cleveland as his record suggests.

If we're looking to bring back DCs that have had some modicum of success in the past, why not bring back Tim Lewis, he's led several top 10 and top 5 defenses?
                          Your argument holds no water.
                          What you're saying is that Spags performance was on the rise.
                          I think I would take that.
                          Wouldn't you?

Comment

Good Job my friend!
                            RFs status as moderator has nothing to do with his feelings of bringing Spags back.

Also, just because he's not enamored with bring back Spags doesn't mean that he has any particular love for Fewell. It just means he sees no particular benefit bringing in Spags, particularly in a situation where he would be Fewell's subordinate, as that may cause some discordance in the locker room.

Comment

Your argument holds no water.
                              What you're saying is that Spags performance was on the rise.
                              I think I would take that.
                              Wouldn't you?
                              How does my argument hold no water? Spags performance was excellent in late 2007 and 2008. Since then it has been on a steady decline, culminating in leading the worst defense (yardage) in the history of the NFL. Time didn't stop in '08. His career has been on a definitive down slope the past 4 years.There are any number of coaches that caught lightening in a bottle and had a stellar season or two, yet have proven over the long haul to not have been superior coaches.

Comment

How does my argument hold no water? Spags performance was excellent in late 2007 and 2008. Since then it has been on a steady decline, culminating in leading the worst defense (yardage) in the history of the NFL. Time didn't stop in '08. His career has been on a definitive down slope the past 4 years.There are any number of coaches that caught lightening in a bottle and had a stellar season or two, yet have proven over the long haul to not have been superior coaches.
                                You obviously are picking and choosing your research.
                                Have you not read the posts?
                                When I said his performance was on the rise I was speaking as DC of the G-Men.
                                Can't judge him with the crap he had to work with since.

Comment

Working...
                                X