Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm starting to think the players made the coach
    Indeed. I was expecting New Orleans to be a dominating defense, obviously that didn't work out well. However, Saint's don't have the talent Spags coached during 07 season compared to last year.

Rudy was my side chick.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
      Too bad we aren't looking for a defensive coordinator because Spags was fired by the Saints.
      Yeah because his defense was worse than the Giants and he has now been fired two times since he was the DC here. Yeah hire him.

Comment

Stop looking at yards. Points are the only stat that counts. The league is built for offense. Look at all the record being broken every year.

Comment

In St Louis he had far worse defensive players than the Giants ever had and posted similar numbers, and in one year I think he did even better.
          Saints defense has been declining, they were in the bottom 10 in 2011 I think in yards per game.. not sure but everybody knew the players on the D were the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
            Oh yes we can when our current DC is statistically the worst in Giants history. The guy is worse than Bill Sheridan, and I never thought someone else would ever top him.
            12th in Points is not the worst statistical season ever sorry it isnt

Comment

Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
              I don't know how people can be against bringing Spags back? What has Fewell done to warrant his job safe?
              What has Spags done since leaving NY that shows he should have a job

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
                I don't think that Spags has been involved the best situations since leaving the Giants.
                More going against him then with him sort of thing.
                I have to agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Stop looking at yards. Points are the only stat that counts. The league is built for offense. Look at all the record being broken every year.
                  I could care less about yards. They throw out forcing Turnovers like thats a bad thing.

Comment

I don't know how people can be against bringing Spags back? What has Fewell done to warrant his job safe?
                    Helped win a Super Bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
                      Too many mobile quarterbacks? Please explain
                      With mobile QB's, its very dangerous to play a lot of press coverage. Zone defenses have more defenders facing, and reacting to the QB. Press cover guys are rarely facing the QB and HUGE runs can come from that.
                      I'm afraid that Spags system is especially vulnerable to that.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[QUOTE=Flip Empty;670139]Helped win a Super Bowl?[/QUOTE

I think he hurt our chances a lot more than "helped". How has he utilized our players? Every year since Spags we've been complaining how some DC has been trying to force a scheme that doesn't work.

@Redeye - His former success utilizing our players to their full potential and crafting a very good defense has showed me more than enough to replace what we have. He hasn't had the tools that he had in NY and I think he's done a good job considering the skill set of the players he had on his former teams.

Comment

I think he hurt our chances a lot more than "helped". How has he utilized our players? Every year since Spags we've been complaining how some DC has been trying to force a scheme that doesn't work.
                          Did his unit not shut down the Falcons and Packers during the 2012 playoffs? Did his unit not hold the Patriots to 17 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            With mobile QB's, its very dangerous to play a lot of press coverage. Zone defenses have more defenders facing, and reacting to the QB. Press cover guys are rarely facing the QB and HUGE runs can come from that.
                            I'm afraid that Spags system is especially vulnerable to that.
                            I think having a decent linebacker on this team will solve any troubles we've had with mobile quarterbacks.

Comment

Hell I would bring him to coach the D-line and if Perry screws up fire him and put Spags back. I know Nunn is there but hes below average at best. Putting J.P as a DT was and is a huge mistake.

Comment

[QUOTE=Flip Empty;670146]
                                Did his unit not shut down the Falcons and Packers during the 2012 playoffs? Did his unit not hold the Patriots to 17 points?
                                The players simply played inspired, and a lot better. His scheme is shown not to work on a consistent basis, and it doesn't work for the giants.

His defense also gave up how many points to the Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Bucs, Browns?

Comment

Working...
                                X