Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Webster

    If not, what's taking so long?

    I'm still having nightmares and flashbacks of Webster being victimized and posterized habitually. His season was almost comical. It's unacceptable. When is he getting cut?
    sigpic

    Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

  • #2
    Hes not
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

    Comment


    • #3
      He is owed too much money.
      #80

      Comment


      • #4
        You do know he played most of the year with a broken arm right

        Comment


        • #5
          Webby is on the downside of his career. A broken arm doesn't put you out of position or cause you to get burned on several occasions.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

          Comment


          • #6
            He had a bad season, probably the injury played some role in that. You don't go from lights out to his struggles this year without an underlying reason. The real question is, who are you going to replace him with? There's nobody we've got who's ready to step into that role. Don't even suggest Terrell Thomas, he's got a long way to go to get back to being healthy enough to play and stay on the field. I think Webster needs to be allowed to get back to full health, and see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him regain his form next year.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
              He had a bad season, probably the injury played some role in that. You don't go from lights out to his struggles this year without an underlying reason. The real question is, who are you going to replace him with? There's nobody we've got who's ready to step into that role. Don't even suggest Terrell Thomas, he's got a long way to go to get back to being healthy enough to play and stay on the field. I think Webster needs to be allowed to get back to full health, and see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him regain his form next year.
              He's not going anywhere so he will get his shot to redeem himself. But he will be 31 in a few weeks....it is time to start looking for his eventual replacement.
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                He's not going anywhere so he will get his shot to redeem himself. But he will be 31 in a few weeks....it is time to start looking for his eventual replacement.
                I very much agree

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jints10 View Post
                  You do know he played most of the year with a broken arm right
                  broke a bone in his right hand in the panther game. No broken arm....
                  But he will be with the team next season and prob will take a pay cut...
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                    If not, what's taking so long?

                    I'm still having nightmares and flashbacks of Webster being victimized and posterized habitually. His season was almost comical. It's unacceptable. When is he getting cut?
                    ok....cut him.....whats your answer to that?
                    And dont say anything would be better because that is BS......
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      ok....cut him.....whats your answer to that?
                      And dont say anything would be better because that is BS......
                      If he takes a pay cut then fair enough. He's awful though. Get Aqib Talib.
                      sigpic

                      Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Webster

                        Its true that Wester didnt have a good season especially in the second half but he was not alone, the WHOLE defense was terrible. No pass rush, not good at stopping the run. We were 31st in the NFL 383 yds a game. So not fair to put so much blame on Webster. Many players on D had bad seassons and keep in mind when a CB makes a mistake or has a bad game it stands out much more than any other position. You never know, but i dont think he gets cut. That would leave us with only Prince and Hosley, no depth and no cap space to sign a free agent. He's been a solid CB for us for many years. If the D can improve as a whole he will be fine and he gives us experience and leadership considering we have such young CBs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by river555 View Post
                          Its true that Wester didnt have a good season especially in the second half but he was not alone, the WHOLE defense was terrible. No pass rush, not good at stopping the run. We were 31st in the NFL 383 yds a game. So not fair to put so much blame on Webster. Many players on D had bad seassons and keep in mind when a CB makes a mistake or has a bad game it stands out much more than any other position. You never know, but i dont think he gets cut. That would leave us with only Prince and Hosley, no depth and no cap space to sign a free agent. He's been a solid CB for us for many years. If the D can improve as a whole he will be fine and he gives us experience and leadership considering we have such young CBs.
                          If our D line can improve (plenty of room to do that) and get more pressure on the QB, our CB's without doing anything else will be much better including Webster.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            redundant thread

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                              If he takes a pay cut then fair enough. He's awful though. Get Aqib Talib.
                              where will you get the money from.....
                              Web had a bad year.......no doubt. But in this day and age of caps and cap hits you just cant cut him and sign Talib.....
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X