Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
    If he takes a pay cut then fair enough. He's awful though. Get Aqib Talib.
    Why would you want a walking time bomb in the locker room?

    Not to mention that they(Giants) cant afford to keep the guys they already have, so where does the money come from to pay him? Think it through
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jints10 View Post
      You do know he played most of the year with a broken arm right
      And a hamstring issue, but broken hand, not arm
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #18
        I guess we still have to watch highlights of Webster getting burned again.. ugh

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
          I guess we still have to watch highlights of Webster getting burned again.. ugh
          STATUS QUO! amazing right!?!?!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by drewz View Post
            STATUS QUO! amazing right!?!?!
            he may be gone in 2014 though

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
              I guess we still have to watch highlights of Webster getting burned again.. ugh
              maybe he's not done. Maybe he last years was just a bad year.
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

              Comment


              • #22
                Training camp will be pretty interesting. I hope we pick up some options at CB. I think Prince ends up being #1 and it'd be awesome to see Hosley take a step forward. If TT can come back and be a top slot CB that would go a long way and allow someone like Hosley to play outside where he's better. Would love to find a way to just get a shut down press coverage CB though.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  he may be gone in 2014 though
                  especially if he doesnt improve his play from 2012!

                  he essentially sucked!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    He was bad, but I'm willing to give him some slack. I mean the NFL is a rough league and one bad season might mean you get cut, but the Giants don't have anyone to replace him at the moment anyway so I'd be content with keeping him for now. I mean the guy can play, he has proven that regardless of what happened this season.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TomCat_FIN View Post
                      He was bad, but I'm willing to give him some slack. I mean the NFL is a rough league and one bad season might mean you get cut, but the Giants don't have anyone to replace him at the moment anyway so I'd be content with keeping him for now. I mean the guy can play, he has proven that regardless of what happened this season.
                      They should be able to tell in camp if his injuries were responsible for any of his obvious drop off in 2012.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rich4114 View Post
                        Training camp will be pretty interesting. I hope we pick up some options at CB. I think Prince ends up being #1 and it'd be awesome to see Hosley take a step forward. If TT can come back and be a top slot CB that would go a long way and allow someone like Hosley to play outside where he's better. Would love to find a way to just get a shut down press coverage CB though.
                        whyt would you want a press corner when we run an extremely zone heavy defense? I think that is one of webbs biggest issues, you take away the jam and aggression inside 5yds and he is at a disadvantage.
                        Last edited by TextureDj; 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM.
                        #80

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jints10 View Post
                          You do know he played most of the year with a broken arm right
                          WOW and all season i thought it was a foot or a leg!! that guy got no speed!! burned everytime!! he has gotta go!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BleedinBlue72 View Post
                            WOW and all season i thought it was a foot or a leg!! that guy got no speed!! burned everytime!! he has gotta go!
                            It was also a hamstring
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If he doesn't prove that he's a starter in camp, he doesn't start. If there is someone better than him for the position then they should take it. I don't understand this rationalization of not playing our best player because "he's owed too much to not play"....that is just insane.

                              You play the best player for the position, all that money and contract stuff is secondary.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Webster is our #1 cb and as such plays against the opposing teams #1 receiver. Even Revis get burned against top receivers. A decent pass rush is needed to stop receivers getting too much time to run routes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X