Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Pats lost Gronk for 5 games this year in the regular season and he posted 537 less receiving yards as a result. The Patriots responded to this loss by rushing for 420 more yards in 2012 and they only ended up losing 117 yards of total offensive production.
    And then their offense stalled when they needed him the most.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      The Ravens D usually has it's way with the Patriots offense though. It is the only team that Brady has thrown more Ints against than TDs afterall. Most of us watched that game and it didn't look like Gronk would have saved them that day. The Ravens O and ST just didn't cough up the game like they did last year.

Comment

The Ravens D usually has it's way with the Patriots offense though. It is the only team that Brady has thrown more Ints against than TDs afterall. Most of us watched that game and it didn't look like Gronk would have saved them that day. The Ravens O and ST just didn't cough up the game like they did last year.
        I saw the game, they couldn't do anything offensively, especially in the red zone. I credit the Ravens D, but losing Gronk hurt them, especially in the red zone.

Comment

That's one game over the course of games that got them to that point. He was playing injured most of the season and was out a couple of games. fact is in football you play with what you have, and Eli has shown to dish the ball out to different targets, give him a better line and he can do that with almost anyone, It is extremely hard for CB's to hold contain for a certain period of time cause they are playing the players movements and watching the QB's eyes.

sorry for the minor eli thread. but just wanted to correct your thinking a little.

Comment

I saw the game, they couldn't do anything offensively, especially in the red zone. I credit the Ravens D, but losing Gronk hurt them, especially in the red zone.
            Don't know about that cause hernandez has been a good red zone threat for them and they improved their running attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
              was waiting for that...seems like the cool thing to do to compare every Giants receiver to Sinorice Moss. Sinorice was here for what 5 or 6 years? This kid has been here for 2 and has Victor Cruz of all people playing in front of him. You guys don't realize all Wr's are not interchangeable...your not gonna play Hakeem or Barden or Randle in the slot...just as ur not gonna play Jernigan out wide. Only time will tell...
              1) Cool or not cool, I've never seen anyone here compare any other Giants receiver to Moss--except for the ones that are exactly same height (5'8") and weight (185 vs 189 lb), is known primarily for speed, and can't produce enough to warrant trust from Eli, Gilbride, and Coughlin. That would be Jernigan.

2) True, not all WRs are interchangeable, but you wouldn't know that from these Cruz threads. That's kind of the point of contention here, isn't it?.

3) Barden has played the slot in some of those rare occasions he's actually played. Has said he loves playing slot. He's just not as effective.

4) Why would you not play Jernigan out wide? Hasn't Steve Smith (Panthers) ever played wide?

5) Moss was a Giant for 4 years, not 6, including 2008 when we could have used him to step up after Plax eliminated himself.

Other than these discrepancies, you're post is good.
              Last edited by gmen46; 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't say that the loss of Gronk doesn't hurt but the Patriots did show the world that they can still salvage most of his lost production by spreading it out elsewhere. In regards to the AFCC, I'd say that the loss of Talib during that game hurt more since the Ravens love to go deep. They had to rely on poor depth CBs to handle a deep receiving stud like Torrey Smith and then Anquan Bolden just took over his dude at that point too. The Ravens offense was just too much for the defense to handle.

Comment

I don't know of many teams who lose one of their best players and don't miss a beat.
                  Ugh....Patriots, packers plug and play their receivers, san frabn plug and play their RB's minus jacobs. You nees to watch more games outside of the giants games

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't say that the loss of Gronk doesn't hurt but the Patriots did show the world that they can still salvage most of his lost production by spreading it out elsewhere. In regards to the AFCC, I'd say that the loss of Talib during that game hurt more since the Ravens love to go deep. They had to rely on poor depth CBs to handle a deep receiving stud like Torrey Smith and then Anquan Bolden just took over his dude at that point too. The Ravens offense was just too much for the defense to handle.
                    Spreading it out doesn't sound like bad idea, the question is would we? I saw us spread the ball out in week 17 against Philly and we played well, but it was very rare this year.

Comment

I don't know of many teams who lose one of their best players and don't miss a beat.
                      the patriots played good without gronk, packers played good without jennings, the colts played good without Dallas clark when he got injured, the chargers played good without vincent Jackson when he had just left. What makes a good offense is the QB and the offensive line. Thats the core. That being said, cruz is still special and he brings unique things that we would most likely miss if he was to leave
                      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Originally posted by raintheory View Post
                        That's one game over the course of games that got them to that point. He was playing injured most of the season and was out a couple of games. fact is in football you play with what you have, and Eli has shown to dish the ball out to different targets, give him a better line and he can do that with almost anyone, It is extremely hard for CB's to hold contain for a certain period of time cause they are playing the players movements and watching the QB's eyes. sorry for the minor eli thread. but just wanted to correct your thinking a little.
                        Your assessment is fair, but if Nicks is injured, we are left with Randle who is very good, Barden, Jernigan, and Hixon. I'm not suggesting Eli couldn't work with them, but I haven't seen enough from Jernigan and Barden to make me think that we are good to go.

Comment

Spreading it out doesn't sound like bad idea, the question is would we? I saw us spread the ball out in week 17 against Philly and we played well, but it was very rare this year.
                          +1 i wish we would design plays for our other receivers and spread the ball around more. We did that during the last game of the season as well. We even passed it to our FB and rb's. It was nice to see.
                          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

I'm not going to pull up his stats because I'm sure most of you know how elite his numbers are.
                            I've seen many people say that Jernigan or Barden will step up in his place..what? In what way? I barely see Jernigan play and Barden played one good game out of the four years he's been here.

I understand giving guys a chance to play and step up, but to just assume that they can perform at the same level Cruz has performed is absurd.
                            Same question could asked about people thinking Boss and Smith being irreplacable.
                            Lets go, Giants!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                              the patriots played good without gronk, packers played good without jennings, the colts played good without Dallas clark when he got injured, the chargers played good without vincent Jackson when he had just left. What makes a good offense is the QB and the offensive line. Thats the core. That being said, cruz is still special and he brings unique things that we would most likely miss if he was to leave
                              Patriots..ok. I don't think Jennings is the Packers best player. The Chargers absolutely suck, where did you get them from? If you would have said Peyton Manning from the Colts then I would agree with you there.

Comment

Well Philly was kind of in a "who cares" mood that game since they all knew the coaching staff and front office was going to be blown up so I don't put too much stock into that game personally. It simply came down to the Giants gambling on a hobbled Nicks being able to provide more than he really was able to and not trusting their depth. We should have let guys like Randle, Wilson, and others "grow up" with more game time experience but I'm obviously looking at this from a hindsight perspective. I see the merit in why Coughlin went that direction but if he does have one weakness, it's trusting his veterans a little too much. The amount of carries Bradshaw receives would be an example.

Comment

Working...
                                X