Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
    Same question could asked about people thinking Boss and Smith being irreplacable.
    Nobody knows whay Cruz wants and they are already saying he should walk. Kinda weird to me.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Patriots..ok. I don't think Jennings is the Packers best player. The Chargers absolutely suck, where did you get them from? If you would have said Peyton Manning from the Colts then I would agree with you there.

jennings is the packers most productive receiver just like cruz is the giants most productive receiver right now They lost him and played well. When Dallas clark got injured peyton manning and their offense still put up good numbers. I have no idea what happened to the chargers and rivers. But during the first year where they lost Vincent Jackson rivers threw for 4700 yards made the pro bowl and had the highest qb rating that season. Those were all instances where teams lost arguably their best weapon and still didnt miss a beat.
      Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-27-2013, 05:17 PM.
      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
        Well Philly was kind of in a "who cares" mood that game since they all knew the coaching staff and front office was going to be blown up so I don't put too much stock into that game personally. It simply came down to the Giants gambling on a hobbled Nicks being able to provide more than he really was able to and not trusting their depth. We should have let guys like Randle, Wilson, and others "grow up" with more game time experience but I'm obviously looking at this from a hindsight perspective. I see the merit in why Coughlin went that direction but if he does have one weakness, it's trusting his veterans a little too much. The amount of carries Bradshaw receives would be an example.
        That's kind of where I was going. It's kind of a stretch to think we would spread the ball out more. We SHOULD, but yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
          jennings is the packers most productive receiver just like cruz is the giants most productive receiver right now They lost him and played well. When Dallas clark got injured peyton manning and their offense still put up good numbers. I have no idea what happened to the chargers and rivers. But during the first year where they lost Vincent Jackson rivers threw for 4700 yards made the pro bowl and had the highest qb rating that season.
          Uh, Philip Rivers still had Vjax in 2011. It was after 2011 where he struggled.

Comment

• The Patriots have let guys go and Brady keeps on winning. I don't want see Cruz walk but if he wants to much let him go. Same goes for Nicks. Just draft well.

Comment

That's kind of where I was going. It's kind of a stretch to think we would spread the ball out more. We SHOULD, but yeah.
              As long as you don't lose too many pieces (like if we lost both Cruz and Nicks) there's no reason we shouldn't retain a majority of that production with the use of spreading the ball on offense to more players. I just looked it up and Randle only 32 targets all season while FrakenNicks more than tripled that with 100. I could look up the carries of Bradshaw versus the other backs too.

Comment

Uh, Philip Rivers still had Vjax in 2011. It was after 2011 where he struggled.
                in 2010 v jack missed 11 games and rivers still had one of his better seasons that year. As a matter a fact Gates missed 6 games as well that season. They were forced to sign guys off of the practice squad. i remember gates playing injured also. Im not sure if Rivers won MVP that season but i remember thinking he should have. I watched most of their games that year.
                Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Originally posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
                  Ugh....Patriots, packers plug and play their receivers, san frabn plug and play their RB's minus jacobs. You nees to watch more games outside of the giants games
                  She said she doesn't know "many" teams who lose one of their best players and don't miss a beat. not "any" team. You kind of confirm that with your tiny list of elite teams. Exceptions that prove the rule..

And, actually, Niners could hardly be said to have lost any of their best players this year. What "best player" that they lost do you have in mind? Using an effective "RB by committee" is something most NFL teams do now, so that doesn't apply to the statement either. It's not like they lost Gore and substituted with back ups to compemsate for losing him.

Comment

• The Steelers let go of two very good WR's and still stay competitive.

Comment

in 2010 v jack missed 11 games and rivers still had one of his better seasons that year. As a matter a fact Gates missed 6 games as well that season. They were forced to sign guys off of the practice squad. i remember gates playing injured also. Im not sure if Rivers won MVP that season but i remember thinking he should have. I watched most of their games that year.
                      I didn't see many of their games last year so I can't comment. However you would think they would be able to replicate that same amount of success with VJax gone and Antonio Gates still there, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        The Steelers let go of two very good WR's and still stay competitive.
                        The Steelers struggled this year. I can't say if it was from that per se, but they did struggle.

Comment

The Steelers struggled this year. I can't say if it was from that per se, but they did struggle.
                          They let go of Burress and kept winning and the they let go of Holmes and kept winning. Not saying they are in the playoffs every year but almost every year.

Comment

I didn't see many of their games last year so I can't comment. However you would think they would be able to replicate that same amount of success with VJax gone and Antonio Gates still there, right?
                            This didnt take place last year. This was during the 2010 season when they lost Jackson for pretty much the entire season, and gates was injured. They were able to still play at high level offensively and didn't really miss a beat. Right now they have much bigger problems than to simply say or feel they aren't playing good because of Jackson being gone. Also rivers first started struggling in 2011 when Jackson was there. Not when he left.
                            Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM.

~Big Mike~

Comment

This didnt take place last year. This was during the 2010 season when they lost Jackson for pretty much the entire season, and gates was injured. They were able to still play at high level offensively and didn't really miss a beat. Right now they have much bigger problems than to simply say or feel they aren't playing good because of Jackson being gone.
                              Question, did they continue to play VJax when he was injured?

Anyway, I see what you're saying but I'm not really sold that everything will be peachy if we do lose Cruz. I'm not suggesting we'll go 0-16 or anything, but he is a major part of this offensive.

Comment

• Don't think anyone wants to see him leave. It's just business.

Comment

Working...
                                X