Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
    He's not replaceable at all, but if he's asking for money that the Giants can't afford to pay him, he's going to leave and the decision to leave will be all his!
    Cruz pisses me off, because the Giants gave him a shot, stuck with him even though he was running wrong routes, missing blitz pick ups and dropping balls when he first started, and he's allowed his success to totally go to his head!
    He's a good player, asking for "great player" money. He had 2 solid seasons but he's not a top flight receiver in the Mega Tron class. He's not even as good as a healthy Nicks!
    I want him to stay, but not at any price because he still had too many big time drops in big games to be asking for the Giants to empty the bank for him.
    How do you "know" what he's asking for?
    The answer?............. Just like the rest of us, you have no idea.
    These are not public negotiations.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
      With our crap offense line? Lynch would average 1 yard a carry. The whole notion of it's the RB that makes the oline not the other way around is a load of crap.
      Not necessarily... Bradshaw managed to finish with 4.6 ypc, one of the better marks for the year. He finished above guys like Ray Rice and Arian Foster.

Of course, Bradshaw's stats are slightly skewed, thanks to him playing fewer games...
      Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
      He's a good player, asking for "great player" money. He had 2 solid seasons but he's not a top flight receiver in the Mega Tron class. He's not even as good as a healthy Nicks!
      There's only one guy in the Megatron class...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        Not necessarily... Bradshaw managed to finish with 4.6 ypc, one of the better marks for the year. He finished above guys like Ray Rice and Arian Foster.

Of course, Bradshaw's stats are slightly skewed, thanks to him playing fewer games...

There's only one guy in the Megatron class...
        Hmm true. He did have a few pretty good games. I guess what I expect is at least 3-4 yards consistently. gains of 0, 1, 0 and then 20 don't do it for me, even if it equals 5 yards a carry.

Cruz may not even be a top 10 WR in this league let alone be in Calvin Johnson's class. Off the top of my head, Fitz, Calvin J, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Nicks, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant. I'm not saying that they are all better, but I'd take the majority of those guys over Cruz.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Bradshaw actually did have a good year. It was lost in everyone crying for Wilson to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
            Hmm true. He did have a few pretty good games. I guess what I expect is at least 3-4 yards consistently. gains of 0, 1, 0 and then 20 don't do it for me, even if it equals 5 yards a carry.

Cruz may not even be a top 10 WR in this league let alone be in Calvin Johnson's class. Off the top of my head, Fitz, Calvin J, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Nicks, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant. I'm not saying that they are all better, but I'd take the majority of those guys over Cruz.

you would take steve smith even though hes 33
            Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
              you would take steve smith even though hes 33
              He was more productive this year though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                He was more productive this year though.
                cruz has been more productive since they've both been in the league starting.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Cruz had a few more to yards last year and Smith had a few more yards this year. Smith also had a rookie QB throwing to him last year and he had a second year slump tis year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    Cruz had a few more to yards last year and Smith had a few more yards this year. Smith also had a rookie QB throwing to him last year and he had a second year slump tis year.
                    86 catches for 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns is 1 heck of a slump

~Big Mike~

Comment

• 1092yds/10TDs for Cruz; 1174/4 for Smith

Last two years:
                      Smith: 2568/11
                      Cruz: 2628/19

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                        86 catches for 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns is 1 heck of a slump
                        I think he was talking about Newton.
                        And I don't really think Newton had much of a slump either. Pretty much mirror seasons.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                          Any player could tear his ACL in any given season. If you went by that, and if teams didn't have a CBA to contend with, all player contracts would be 1 year- with- option- to- extend contracts.

And on what basis do you claim Nicks could be extended cheaper this off season than a new Cruz contract?

If Giants opted to go with a 1 year tender to Cruz instead of a fairly long term (4-6 year range) contract, it would be a cheap and offensive offer to Cruz, and would be uncharacteristic move on the part of the Giants. Short-sighted, as well.

In that regard, it is as cut and dried as I'm making it out to be. I've seen nothing from Reese and Mara the past 6 years to lead me to believe they would be that cheap and short-sighted. Now, if they let this go until FA and allow Cruz into the market, then anything is possible, and much of it is bad for the Giants.
                          Hopefully if the Giants tender Cruz it's just to protect their bargaining position against other teams while trying to hammer out a long term deal with Cruz. I'd agree it'd be cheap and offensive if they tender him and then don't continue talks on a new deal, but I can't blame the Giants for wanting to protect their assets in case they can't come to terms with Cruz or another team blows any offer we can make out of the water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            1092yds/10TDs for Cruz; 1174/4 for SmithLast two years:Smith: 2568/11Cruz: 2628/19
                            Cruz obviously has youth so that's a huge plus. Smith s still playing at a high level though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              I think he was talking about Newton.
                              And I don't really think Newton had much of a slump either. Pretty much mirror seasons.
                              I see. steve smith is a really good receiver but hes moving toward the end of his career. I think cruz could do the same things steve smith does from the outside. They have similar body types, although cruz is taller. Why would you give up a more productive, younger receiver, for a less productive, older guy, with the same body type? That doesnt make sense to me.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                                He's not replaceable at all, but if he's asking for money that the Giants can't afford to pay him, he's going to leave and the decision to leave will be all his!Cruz pisses me off, because the Giants gave him a shot, stuck with him even though he was running wrong routes, missing blitz pick ups and dropping balls when he first started, and he's allowed his success to totally go to his head!He's a good player, asking for "great player" money. He had 2 solid seasons but he's not a top flight receiver in the Mega Tron class. He's not even as good as a healthy Nicks!I want him to stay, but not at any price because he still had too many big time drops in big games to be asking for the Giants to empty the bank for him.
                                That fact that people are willing to let him walk without knowing want he wants is crazy. I would understand if he came out and said I wang 3 billion dollars, and that is absurd. Nobody knows what he wants yet. Why is everyone assuming he wants top dollar?
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X