Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Ok
    Why wouldn't he? Seriously, there is no reason for him not to. Don't blame him one bit for asking to get paid very well for what he does. No one plays in the NFL forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      Why wouldn't he? Seriously, there is no reason for him not to. Don't blame him one bit for asking to get paid very well for what he does. No one plays in the NFL forever.
      Ok, we don't agree lol.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Yup. We don't agree a player would ask for a life changing amount of money he is due.

Comment

Yup. We don't agree a player would ask for a life changing amount of money he is due.
          Correct.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
            hes a restricted FA so either way we will not come out empty handed this year. If he does out price himself to THE ONLY TEAM that gave him a shot then the hell with him. He needs to keep the Steve Smith ordeal in the back of his head.
            Why do you think he owes us because we were the only team to give him a shot? He totally outperformed his current contract and has earned the right to take the best contract offered to him. If he gets more from another team, simply thank him for his contributions and wish him well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
              you would take steve smith even though hes 33
              Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
              What does steve smith bring over cruz?
              Toughness. The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him. In Carolina, he was the only legitimate threat for the longest time. And yet, he still got it done. He'll get his clock cleaned and he'll get back up and go back through the middle again. You can't tell me you see Cruz doing that. The guy falls down on his own because he doesn't want to get hit.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                He might, I'm just not going to jump to conclusions and say he will since nobody knows.
                The job of the agent is to make his client the most money. Why would he stay here for less. He grew up a Cowboy fan, it's not like his life long dream was to play for the Giants. Not saying that he isn't thrilled now to be here, but he is going to do whatever gives him and his family the most security. And that's exactly what he should do.

Comment

Cruz had a few more to yards last year and Smith had a few more yards this year. Smith also had a rookie QB throwing to him last year and he had a second year slump tis year.
                  So Cruz doesn't have a "second year slump" and yet he's just average
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    First of all to compare the value of Steve Smith, near the end of his career and Victor Cruz who is young, is nutty. Cruz has MUCH more value than Smith. And I think Steve Smith is tremendous.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the hang up wasn't so much the money but the years. I can see the team wanting to lock up Cruz for 5 years or so, and spreading it over a longer period. I can see Cruz wanting more up front money and possibly a shorter contract.
                    It could come down to the guaranteed money over a longer period of time.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      So Cruz doesn't have a "second year slump" and yet he's just average
                      He had an average season. What was so great about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        Toughness. The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him. In Carolina, he was the only legitimate threat for the longest time. And yet, he still got it done. He'll get his clock cleaned and he'll get back up and go back through the middle again. You can't tell me you see Cruz doing that. The guy falls down on his own because he doesn't want to get hit.
                        What does "toughness" have to do with his numbers when he lead the team in both of his first two years of playing?

Comment

He had an average season. What was so great about it?
                          2011 # 4 WR in NFC and # 5 in NFL

2012 # 5 WR in NFC and # 10 in NFL

That's not average
                          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                            Toughness. The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him.
                            No more talking. im just going to let the tape speak for itself. Then listen to the excuses.

1. watch from 0.40 seconds to 0.50 seconds.
                            2. watch from 1:16 to 1:25
                            3. watch from 1:35 to 1:40
                            4. watch from 2:39 to 2:43
                            5. watch from 3:10 to 3:20 ( this one is my favorite)

There are more plays like those from cruz which arent in this video.
                            Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM.
                            Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                              Any player could tear his ACL in any given season. If you went by that, and if teams didn't have a CBA to contend with, all player contracts would be 1 year- with- option- to- extend contracts.

And on what basis do you claim Nicks could be extended cheaper this off season than a new Cruz contract?

If Giants opted to go with a 1 year tender to Cruz instead of a fairly long term (4-6 year range) contract, it would be a cheap and offensive offer to Cruz, and would be uncharacteristic move on the part of the Giants. Short-sighted, as well.

In that regard, it is as cut and dried as I'm making it out to be. I've seen nothing from Reese and Mara the past 6 years to lead me to believe they would be that cheap and short-sighted. Now, if they let this go until FA and allow Cruz into the market, then anything is possible, and much of it is bad for the Giants.
                              The Giants do try to stay away from tags/tenders if they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                Hopefully if the Giants tender Cruz it's just to protect their bargaining position against other teams while trying to hammer out a long term deal with Cruz. I'd agree it'd be cheap and offensive if they tender him and then don't continue talks on a new deal, but I can't blame the Giants for wanting to protect their assets in case they can't come to terms with Cruz or another team blows any offer we can make out of the water.
                                If the tender him with the understanding they will sign him to a long term deal before the regular season starts, that might work. Otherwise, the tender will be seen as a slap in the face given what he's done for this team in two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X