Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Where did I say that he is easily replaceable? I clearly pointed out that I would like him back, clearly the best option and wouldn't even be a question if we weren't having salary cap issues.
    I didn't say you did.
    Don't be so defensive. No problem here.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I didn't say you did.
      Don't be so defensive. No problem here.
      Fair enough

Comment

• I know that a 1st round pick and big contract is a lot to pay for Cruz, I just have this feeling that some team will do it. He is very marketable, so a fairly big contract won't be an issue for some teams. I'm thinking someone will offer 9-10 million per year.
        Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
          imo, the combination of toughness, physicadlity, and speed has everything to do with whether or not you deserve a mammoth contract. Note: i didn't say big, but top. 6-7 million I won't have much a problem with. Anymore then that, I don't know. No one can argue his productivity and that he's great. The question is, is he worth that kind of money. Personally, I'd just tender him for a 1st and a 3rd.
          Honestly, players are worth whoever will pay the highest price for their services. The money these athletes gets is obscene, but we created the monster. If Bob Kraft decides he's going to let Welker go and offers Cruz a 5 year contract @ 9M a year with $30M guaranteed, that's what he's worth.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
            I'd imagine we would use Hixon in the slot if Cruz isn't back. Barden has no business being in slot, JJ is a possibility as well depending on how far along he is.
            Barden has no business being on the team. If Cruz goes elsewhere, they will have to sign Hixon which is fine by me as long as they don't wait for Hixon to get a better offer in FA.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Honestly, players are worth whoever will pay the highest price for their services. The money these athletes gets is obscene, but we created the monster. If Bob Kraft decides he's going to let Welker go and offers Cruz a 5 year contract @ 9M a year with $30M guaranteed, that's what he's worth.
              That really makes no sense to me. They could sign Welker for that or less and not lose a 1st round pick. BB values those picks as we all know.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                Not true at all with regards to tenders. We tendered six guys in 2011 alone.
                I stand corrected

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  I think he's saying that if we give Cruz a big payday this year, we won't be able to afford to give Nicks his next year.
                  Not necessarily. A lot depends on what the CAP will be in 2014 and what else Reese can do to get under it in 2013. Nicks isn't going anywhere in 2013 and he really needs to come back healthy and strong to set himself up for negotiations in 2014. He temporarily lost some ground in 2012 due to injuries but those injuries are not career threatening as far as we know.

Comment

Maybe he's moving to Montana soon...I become a dental floss tycoon.
                    He will lose his football endorsements, but could pick up some Ipana money

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Where are you getting that he was #10 in he NFL? He was #15 in yards and there are a bunch of other guys within a 100 yards of him. Getting 1,000 yards in today's NFL is not that big a deal especially when you are the teams #1 WR.
                      You and I will just have to agree to disagree about Cruz's value to the team.

Comment

That really makes no sense to me. They could sign Welker for that or less and not lose a 1st round pick. BB values those picks as we all know.
                        HELLO, it was an illustration. Miss your nap?

Comment

Not necessarily. A lot depends on what the CAP will be in 2014 and what else Reese can do to get under it in 2013. Nicks isn't going anywhere in 2013 and he really needs to come back healthy and strong to set himself up for negotiations in 2014. He temporarily lost some ground in 2012 due to injuries but those injuries are not career threatening as far as we know.
                          Nicks is a FA after next season. We'll need to get a deal done with him during the season if we want to have any chance of resigning him. Also, it's projected that the cap will not see any huge increases after the new tv money comes into play, rather they are going spread the cap increases more evenly during the course of the deal than having one or two significant jumps and more moderate increases the other years. Chances are better than not that it won't be much more than a few million increase, and all things depending, that may not be enough to give both Cruz and Nicks their paydays.

Comment

Nicks is a FA after next season. We'll need to get a deal done with him during the season if we want to have any chance of resigning him. Also, it's projected that the cap will not see any huge increases after the new tv money comes into play, rather they are going spread the cap increases more evenly during the course of the deal than having one or two significant jumps and more moderate increases the other years. Chances are better than not that it won't be much more than a few million increase, and all things depending, that may not be enough to give both Cruz and Nicks their paydays.
                            I trust Reese to do what has to be done, which now will have to include cutting players he'd rather keep I'm afraid. They seem to believe, and I agree, we are not that far off from getting back into the race. If we lose poeple like Beatty, Bennett, and Cruz our chances diminish IMO.

Comment

Barden has no business being on the team. If Cruz goes elsewhere, they will have to sign Hixon which is fine by me as long as they don't wait for Hixon to get a better offer in FA.
                              Yeah I agree we should dump Barden. I also highly doubt that we will put ourselves in a position this offseason to be without Hixon and Cruz.

Comment

Here are the 2014 Free Agents

Michael Boley LB UFA New York TBD --
                                Bryant Browning G RFA New York TBD --
                                Selvish Capers T ERFA New York TBD --
                                Chris DeGeare G ERFA New York TBD --
                                David Diehl T UFA New York TBD --
                                Terrence Frederick CB ERFA New York TBD --
                                Mark Herzlich LB RFA New York TBD --
                                Henry Hynoski RB RFA New York TBD --
                                Linval Joseph DT UFA New York TBD --
                                Trumaine McBride CB UFA New York TBD --
                                Hakeem Nicks WR UFA New York TBD --
                                Curtis Painter QB UFA New York TBD --
                                Spencer Paysinger LB RFA New York TBD --
                                Justin Tuck DE UFA New York TBD --
                                Corey Webster CB UFA New York TBD --
                                Some of these guys have pretty hefty paydays in 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X