Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
    my own feelings on this are that Cruz is a definite star in this league and will command big bucks just like any other high producing player and for that reason if I were him I would follow the money trail just like everybody else does. We have to remember that sometimes a players window for the big bucks is only there until the next injury and then it could be closed forever and then everything is what might have been. I want him to stay because we need him but if he walks I hope I will understand...
    My thoughts exactly. There would be no hard feelings if he gets a lucrative contract elsewhere they we can't match. I was very encouraged by what I saw from of JJ and Randle. It would suck, but Eli will have these guys ready to play.
    Emperor Tom

Comment

We will be fine if Cruz is gone. How quickly many of you forget lessons of the past.

If cruz is gone we will still have Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan....Bennett. C'mon guys.

Players will step up and some player we dont even know of will catch our eye once again.

AKA: If cruz wants 10 mil/year...to hell with him

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
        We will be fine if Cruz is gone. How quickly many of you forget lessons of the past.If cruz is gone we will still have Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan....Bennett. C'mon guys.Players will step up and some player we dont even know of will catch our eye once again. AKA: If cruz wants 10 mil/year...to hell with him
        Wait hold on, so Cruz who has PROVEN to be an elite receiver should go, because HOPEFULLY other guys like Jernigan and Barden who have proven to not play up to expectations are going to step up? I agree that he can't get paid like like a number one receiver, but to say he's easily replaceable and other guys can mimick his success is absolutely absurd.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'd rather lose Eli than Cruz.
          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
            We will be fine if Cruz is gone. How quickly many of you forget lessons of the past.

If cruz is gone we will still have Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan....Bennett. C'mon guys.

Players will step up and some player we dont even know of will catch our eye once again.

AKA: If cruz wants 10 mil/year...to hell with him
            This team couldn't even make do without Manningham, I hate to think how it'd fare without Cruz. He's that ingrained in the offensive gameplan.

Also, Barden and Bennett are both free agents.
            Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-26-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

it would suck but it is part of the game/business.

Comment

Don't over pay him. Wouldn't want to lose him but if he wants to much let him walk. Same goes for Nicks when his turn is up. Just draft well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  This always reminds me of a "before" picture for Nutri-System. LOL.
                  # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

I know it will come down to $. I think we have a bit more depth on offensive skill positions. If he wants too much, he's gone. The money will be used for other areas more in need of upgrading. It would be sad though.
                    # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

This team couldn't even make do without Manningham, I hate to think how it'd fare without Cruz. He's that ingrained in the offensive gameplan.

Also, Barden and Bennett are both free agents.
                      Manningham leaving had nothing to do with this seasons bad play. We had a weak O line,weak LBs and a ton of injuries. He was a nice receiver who imo made more mistakes than good plays. No more than that.
                      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Absolutely correct

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          +1, but I'd move on -- WR's are expensive and this team appears to have many holes to fill.

While I think that Nicks is the better WR, I'd keep Cruz because of Nicks seems to be injured too often.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                            Manningham leaving had nothing to do with this seasons bad play. We had a weak O line,weak LBs and a ton of injuries. He was a nice receiver who imo made more mistakes than good plays. No more than that.
                            He also drew coverage away from Nicks, Cruz and Ballard. Defenses had to respect him; that wasn't the case with Hixon, Barden and Randle. The team cycled #3s all season because none could do what Manningham did.

I'm not sure what sort of impact linebackers have on the offense, but the team's o-line wasn't the greatest in 2011, either.

Comment

He also drew coverage away from Nicks, Cruz and Ballard. Defenses had to respect him; that wasn't the case with Hixon, Barden and Randle. The team cycled #3s all season because none could do what Manningham did.
                              Sorry, Nicks was the one drawing coverage away leaving things open for MM, Cruz, and Ballard. The problem with this year's offense was much more a hobbled Nicks than not having MM. Not to say that MM didn't perform better than Hixon/Randle, he did, but he wasn't a lynch pin to the offense in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                                +1, but I'd move on -- WR's are expensive and this team appears to have many holes to fill. While I think that Nicks is the better WR, I'd keep Cruz because of Nicks seems to be injured too often.
                                This and..I would absolutely hate to see my husband in another jersey. This is his home!
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X