Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
    Say that Giants gave him a lot of money and do not have enough money to keep other talent, then is Cruz worth it? Will he stil perform at a high level?
    I highly doubt the Giants will give him too much money. They aren't stupid.

    I know our cap situation and understand that Cruz can't get paid top money (hopefully he doesn't ask for that much). I'm talking about the "We got Rueben Randle, let Cruz walk!!".
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • I think a lot of people think that in the Giants system Eli can succeed with whoever is in the slot. First Steve Smith and now Cruz. Both guys didn't show up with pro bowl expectations. I'm not saying that these people are right, but they may not be wrong either.
      #80

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
        I think a lot of people think that in the Giants system Eli can succeed with whoever is in the slot. First Steve Smith and now Cruz. Both guys didn't show up with pro bowl expectations. I'm not saying that these people are right, but they may not be wrong either.
        I think the problem I'm having is that I haven't seen Jernigan or Barden make enough noise to be considered a replacement for Cruz.
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          Say that Giants gave him a lot of money and do not have enough money to keep other talent, then is Cruz worth it? Will he stil perform at a high level?
          But that's not the OP's question. He's/she's right--in anticipation of the possibility (but not the probability ) of Cruz going elsewhere for more money, there are some on this board who are trying to justify the loss by undermining Cruz's talent and contributions to Giants offense this past season. Ridiculous arguments, but there you are. And the reason for Rudyy's thread.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            I highly doubt the Giants will give him too much money. They aren't stupid.

            I know our cap situation and understand that Cruz can't get paid top money (hopefully he doesn't ask for that much). I'm talking about the "We got Rueben Randle, let Cruz walk!!".
            Only if he wants too much money that the Giants can't contain players or get new talent. Yes Cruz can be replace but the replacement might be greater or less. Yet more talent on the field at the same time even if not great is better than one man.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
              But that's not the OP's question. He's/she's right--in anticipation of the possibility (but not the probability ) of Cruz going elsewhere for more money, there are some on this board who are trying to justify the loss by undermining Cruz's talent and contributions to Giants offense this past season. Ridiculous arguments, but there you are. And the reason for Rudyy's thread.
              Very well put.
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • i would much rather have Cruz than try to replace him! i think Reese will sign him to a fair contract!

                Barden has never shown anything so its not conceivable he will step up to Cruzs level!

                noone knows if Jernigan will break out in 2013 or not but even if he does he wont approach Cruz numbers imo!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                  Only if he wants too much money that the Giants can't contain players or get new talent. Yes Cruz can be replace but the replacement might be greater or less. Yet more talent on the field at the same time even if not great is better than one man.
                  If Cruz is asking for more than we can give him, then I can kind of see him looking elsewhere. I don't think that will happen (I hope it doesn't) but the NFL is a business, I get it.
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • Cruz might be "just" a slot receiver, but where does it say a team can't use a guy like him. Letting him go would be a big mistake.

                    Comment


                    • Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by drewz View Post
                        Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent
                        So Cruz is only good because of the system he plays in?
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • Who said he was easily replaceable?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                            Who said he was easily replaceable?
                            I did.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                              Who said he was easily replaceable?
                              Some people have suggested that he's a system player and can be replaced with X player.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                                Thats where we differ. Cruz is not worth top dollar. (Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson...etc.)

                                I'd pay Cruz realistically somewhere around 6-7mil/year regardless of the structure. He's just not big enough of a guy (height and weight) to be "that type" of elite receiver.
                                He may not be elite, but he had back to back 1,000 yard seasons in his first two playing years. Size isn't indicative of anything, ask Barden
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X