Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individually? Absolutely not. I really don't see anyone else on the roster who is going to post 1000+ yards all by themselves whether it's receiving or rushing.

In a group effort? Probably. Eli will just have to spread the ball to more targets in the offense for the passing game and we'll need better production from the run game. We might not salvage all of Cruz's production but we would spread around at least 75% of it around imo.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
      He's not easily replaceable.

It just hurts a bit less to assume these other guys can step up (if indeed Cruz decides to walk).
      Cruz won't walk, he will be sent away
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
        Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent
        Who else on the team has Cruz's talent?
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
          Who said he was easily replaceable?
          A number of people

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Who else on the team has Cruz's talent?
            ​RUEBEN RANDLE, JERNIGAN, AND BARDEN BECAUSE HE'S TALL.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              ​RUEBEN RANDLE, JERNIGAN, AND BARDEN BECAUSE HE'S TALL.
              Some just like to take the shovel against the tide approach, others don't like other people's success, and still others just have no clue.

As soon as Cruz does or doesn't have a deal here, we will be entertained by how stupid Reese was whichever way this goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
                Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent
                I def think that there is some truth to this but it's hard to think he put together back to back season like that just because of our system.

Comment

• In theory EVERY player is replaceable. JPP can be replaced, Eli can be replaced, Nicks could be replaced etc.

But just because someone could be replaced, doesn't mean it would be a wise move. Cruz has found a comfort zone with the Giants, he has develop great chemistry with the QB and is an ultimate professional.

Comment

• Posting back to back 1,000 yard seasons is not easy. I don't care if you think if he's a system player or not, Cruz is an important piece to this offense and jump started our 2011 Super Bowl run.

Comment

I'm not going to pull up his stats because I'm sure most of you know how elite his numbers are.
                      I've seen many people say that Jernigan or Barden will step up in his place..what? In what way? I barely see Jernigan play and Barden played one good game out of the four years he's been here.

I understand giving guys a chance to play and step up, but to just assume that they can perform at the same level Cruz has performed is absurd.
                      Cause he's a JOHN BROWN slot receiver who wants Top receiver money, and if he didn't want top receiver money or haven't stated it then we would not be having this debate.

People are so sentimental over players sheesh...

Comment

• I'm really not concerned that Cruz will play somewhere else next year (or for several years after).

He's brought much, much more to the Giants organization as a whole in the past 2 seasons than Smith, Boss, Jacobs ever did, yet comparisons to the FA experiences of those 3 continue to come up in all these Cruz threads the past month.

He adds to the "face of the franchise" in ways that those 3 never did, thus bringing more to the consideration than mere stats (as superior as they've been).

So many seem to assume Cruz will be asking for "Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald-like" compensation, which Cruz has never even hinted at, and which is ****ing ridiculous to assume.

Just think back over the past 10 years or so, and see if anyone can come up with an instance of Giants not making a very competitive--even an outright aggressive--bid to retain a key player considered to be crucial to continued Giants success. And no, Smith, Jacobs, Boss, Ross, an aging Osi,,even Cofield, do not qualify as being in the same discussion as Cruz in this case.

While I agree that Cruz is not worth a C Johnson or Fitzgerald contract, I also say this is a specious comparison--a straw argument--because nowhere except on this board has that possibility ever been raised.

Cruz will be extended with the Giants this off season. Nicks is an entirely separate decision, and does not have to be dealt with for another year. His 2013 season--and the Giants' 2013 season-- will go a long way to determining how that negotiation pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
                          Cause he's a JOHN BROWN slot receiver who wants Top receiver money, and if he didn't want top receiver money or haven't stated it then we would not be having this debate.

People are so sentimental over players sheesh...
                          Please provide evidence where he said (not some beat writer) that he wants top dollar money. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                            not much as far as a WR YET...but i think that has to do with the fact he barely gets any playing time. He was drafted to play the slot, not knowing what we had in Cruz at the time. I think he will be a pretty good player when given the chance, It's just my opinion. He fast as hell, and hes exciting with the ball in his hands. I know this is the NFL, but go watch some of his college tape
                            Exactly the same thing that people uses to say about Sinorice Moss . . . .exactly

Comment

Posting back to back 1,000 yard seasons is not easy. I don't care if you think if he's a system player or not, Cruz is an important piece to this offense and jump started our 2011 Super Bowl run.
                              I think the more realistic question is if 3 or 4 other offensive players could pick up the slack left behind by Cruz if he left. It's not like Randle is going to add 1k yards out of thin air next year or Wilson will add 1k on top of whatever he does in 2013 but 250 yards each for 4 others isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                                I think the more realistic question is if 3 or 4 other offensive players could pick up the slack left behind by Cruz if he left. It's not like Randle is going to add 1k yards out of thin air next year or Wilson will add 1k on top of whatever he does in 2013 but 250 yards each for 4 others isn't out of the realm of possibility.
                                My issue is the undermining of Cruz's skills, and automatically thinking that whoever is on the bench can do the exact same thing. Maybe not post 1,000 yards because that's a stretch, but really take over and make the plays and contribute the way Cruz has.

Comment

Working...
                                X