Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Traina with her thoughts after studying cap situation - she knows her stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
    It's not exactly uncommon knowledge that Rolle was pretty bad outside of a few plays against the run.
    And I'd have to say that most people don't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time, especially when analyzing the play of a guy that has had to play out of position for the better part of two seasons. I don't think he's played at an elite level, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as most you guys here make it seem.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      Then this is even funnier. Lol. This is the first time I looked at this thread since I posted this.
      LOL, it is one of those things that is visual and you either get it immediately or miss it. I can see how when you're typing, it totally escapes you. So, exactly how do you feel about Diehl?
      No one remembers who came in second.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Drez View Post
        And I'd have to say that most people don't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time, especially when analyzing the play of a guy that has had to play out of position for the better part of two seasons. I don't think he's played at an elite level, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as most you guys here make it seem.
        Look, I like Rolle. But to say he played well isn't very true. The whole playing out of position thing doesn't really fly because he was so poor in coverage no matter where he was placed. Not saying he completely sucks as a player, but he's the worst safety on this team.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
          Look, I like Rolle. But to say he played well isn't very true. The whole playing out of position thing doesn't really fly because he was so poor in coverage no matter where he was placed. Not saying he completely sucks as a player, but he's the worst safety on this team.
          Stevie Brown, despite his interceptions, is not better than Rolle. Nor is Will Hill.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Drez View Post
            I'll trust her analysis of his play over the posters here.
            There are very informed posters on this board who watch the coaches film...he is a liability in pass coverage, and take terrible angles. As a safety, those are two pretty bad things to have going against you. He blew a lot of coverage this year. He's vocal, and he's a good athlete, that's about it.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Drez View Post
              And I'd have to say that most people don't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time, especially when analyzing the play of a guy that has had to play out of position for the better part of two seasons. I don't think he's played at an elite level, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as most you guys here make it seem.
              The coverage I'm talking about is when he is actually playing safety, not nickel corner.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                Stevie Brown, despite his interceptions, is not better than Rolle. Nor is Will Hill.
                Hill and even Brown are both significantly better in coverage than Rolle.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                  Hill and even Brown are both significantly better in coverage than Rolle.
                  Whoa...
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Whoa...
                    Yeah.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                      Hill and even Brown are both significantly better in coverage than Rolle.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                        Hill and even Brown are both significantly better in coverage than Rolle.
                        You have now lost all credibility on this subject.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Rolle is a huge liability deep. He was always letting guys run free past him, taking horrible angles, etc.. KP, Hill, Stevie are all consistently better in that regard. rewatch the games. The Giants did not trust Rolle deep at all. Why do you think they had him down near the LOS so often?

                          Now if you wanna debate who the better tacklers are then okay.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                            Why would you want to cut the vocal leader of our Defense?Restructure? Yes Cut? NoRolle is too valuable to our Defense.
                            Lol. To valuable? Why? He was one of the worst Safeties in the league last year and don't use the excuse he played out of position. He doesn't play any position all that well.
                            Last edited by Buddy333; 01-28-2013, 09:05 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              You have now lost all credibility on this subject.
                              How?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Take a look at the stats, Stevie Brown was better than Rolle in every category, except tackles.. which is expected because he didn't start until KP was injured. Rolle is terrible in pass coverage, which is a double negative because we have corners that can't cover for ****.

                                I wouldn't go far as to say Will Hill is better than Rolle, but from what I've seen.. I think he has the potential to be a great safety.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X