Giants must try white pants again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The whole reason "GIANTS" was a thing was because Ed Koch was and is, in the eyes of anyone from outside NYC itself, a flaming ******* who hated NJ...
    Ed Krotch wouldn't allow the Giants a parade in NYC, he was very bitter that they went to the Meadowlands (although I don't remember Ed being helpful in getting a football stadium built in NYC before that). He bitterly told them to go hold a parade in the parking lot.

SOOOOO glad Bloomberg allowed parades for the 07 and 11 teams.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
      Ed Krotch wouldn't allow the Giants a parade in NYC, he was very bitter that they went to the Meadowlands (although I don't remember Ed being helpful in getting a football stadium built in NYC before that). He bitterly told them to go hold a parade in the parking lot.

SOOOOO glad Bloomberg allowed parades for the 07 and 11 teams.
      I seem to remember "They can parade in front of the oil drums in Moonachie"... I wasn't alive at the time but I remember seeing an article that had him saying that.

Giants could have easily stayed in NYC if they had some help (NEWS FLASH: land in NYC is bloody expensive), but nope...

Actually, in retrospect, it's good the Giants moved out of the city. Otherwise I might have grown up as (*blech*) a Jets fan...
      Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Return of the "Giants" logo?........Absolutely NOT!!! (NY logo is classic)
        Return to white pants?..........Absolutely YES!!! (grey pants are horrible)
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Boada View Post
          I love our current uniform, but watching the Pro bowl today I think is time for a little change.
          Imagine the white pants again, would look awesome in home and away fashion...
          And with this thread, consider the offseason message board topics of irrelevance officially kicked off!
          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I dunno... white would make it harder to get the stains out once the team starts ****ting itself during the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
              I dunno... white would make it harder to get the stains out once the team starts ****ting itself during the second half of the season.
              Maybe we should go with dark blue then.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Elis legs look a lot more toned in white.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Then they need to go back to the brown/tan, it will go with the ****stains.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

I like the old uniforms. But I also like the uniform numbers on the shoulders, so maybe a melding of the two.

Comment

I really dont like the 80's unis or white pants. The giants should keep what they have now as the main set. I dont mind a game or two with some sort of throwback but just keep it at that.
                      The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Well if the change in uniform will ward off the mid season crap-fest, I'm ok with the white pants and numbers on the sleeves. "ny" has to stay though.
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Boada View Post
                          I love our current uniform, but watching the Pro bowl today I think is time for a little change.
                          Imagine the white pants again, would look awesome in home and away fashion...
                          I totally agree !!!!!!

Comment

the ny should stay on the helmet, for sure. GIANTS sprawled out all over the sides isn't as good. however, it should return underneath the collar again. having ny on both the helmet and jersey is redundant

Comment

Giants should use blue pants as an all blue alternate uniform. It would look awesome.

Comment

Check this out, Parcells has the right idea... http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=412150

Comment

Working...
                                X