Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need to focus on the Oline in free agency and draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We need to focus on the Oline in free agency and draft

    The only olineman I really want back is Booth.I think there is room to upgrade the majority of the oline and also build on the depth of the oline.When looking back on why we lost some games this year,the oline is to blame on a handful of key loses.2 that stand out especially is the first eagles loss and the bengals loss where our oline just got man-handled and we really suffered from that.We need to get youth on the oline and help Eli be able to sling the ball the way he wants it.There were performances where our oline was splendid and did the job;while sometimes they didn't even show up.That is the single area where we need to improve,otherwise I will go status quo aboard and not be angry if we don't fix the lbs this year.

  • #2
    The good news is there are plenty of olineman to target in free agency this year and where we are in the draft there should be some good olineman left.

    Comment


    • #3
      i agree with wanting the focus to be on the OL. but i also would like to see beatty retained as well. he was one of the best ranked lt's in all of football and did so quietly.

      when eli is given the time to stand upright and make a clean throw that qbs like brady and elis brother are afforded all the time, eli is even more dangerous than those guys. he's almost as good right now and 2008 was the last time i can remember eli being given the time in the pocket of guys like brady, but my point, thiis offense is one of the best and thats with the qb making throw after throw under pressure...imagine if he wasnt under pressure...


      i'd want to draft my RT in rd 1 with OT Fisher from C.Michigan, and if hes gone than Johnson from Oklahoma. if both r gone, I hope that alabama G is available and if hes gone, I trade back and get more picks or I draft the DE Asnah or Mingo

      Comment


      • #4
        You only want Boothe back? Beatty was great this year and is young.

        Comment


        • #5
          I want to target Barrett Jones in rd2.People bring up Fluker and Warmack,and Koundajo....but Barrett Jones was the leader of that insanely good oline.He brought everybody together and played hurt in the title game.He's a leader by action on the field and is the kind of nasty lineman we need.In the first I wana get a big offensive tackle,I don't have any in mind right now,but I am sure someone will emerge after Luke Joechle.In the free agency maybe Jake Long,Volmer? Obviously one of the 2 in free agency.We can realistically solve a lot of the oline issues here.But we need to somehow land Jones,I think he can lead our oline group for a long time.I previously liked Teo in the first,but since cooled on him due to his actions. In the later rounds we can go BPA,but I think we need to go area of need in Rd 1 and 2.

          Comment


          • #6
            We? the Oline is not my problem

            I agree though, we should draft a few Olineman

            Comment


            • #7
              Let's be honest we have plenty of weapons on the offense in Nicks,Cruz,Randle,Wilson,Bradshaw,Bennett.What we need to do is just solidify the oline group.I was panicking over the dline performance and the lb performance earlier,but I have really zeroed in on the oline and I really pray we just target that first and fore most.Our skill positions are plenty good and on defense we have a super impact guy in JPP who will return to being dominant this year.We are not far away from another title run.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by experto View Post
                I want to target Barrett Jones in rd2.People bring up Fluker and Warmack,and Koundajo....but Barrett Jones was the leader of that insanely good oline.He brought everybody together and played hurt in the title game.He's a leader by action on the field and is the kind of nasty lineman we need.In the first I wana get a big offensive tackle,I don't have any in mind right now,but I am sure someone will emerge after Luke Joechle.In the free agency maybe Jake Long,Volmer? Obviously one of the 2 in free agency.We can realistically solve a lot of the oline issues here.But we need to somehow land Jones,I think he can lead our oline group for a long time.I previously liked Teo in the first,but since cooled on him due to his actions. In the later rounds we can go BPA,but I think we need to go area of need in Rd 1 and 2.
                Jones in the 2nd would be outstanding value..

                Comment


                • #9
                  The O line needs a lot of help but starting with Beatty would be a better spot than Boothe. I'd only keep Boothe as a priced right value player. Beatty was pretty solid this season. I think the Giants need much better Dancing Elephants than Boothe, Diehl and Baas. Now, how much coin can the FO afford to drop on the O line is another story altogether. No question that Big Blue will be cap conscious this season!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Huhhh??? Did you not see our run defense last year? Our lethargic pass rush? Resign Booth and Beatty. Chris Snee we definitely want back. Bass is a bad investment we'll have to live with b/c we gave away the farm for the bum. That only leaves RT. With Brewer up and coming, most of the pieces are there. To be honest, I want a mauler at RG to replace Booth. He's okay, but far from a dominant run blocker. This is much more to work with than on the other side of the ball. The Dline is a train wreck. JPP is the only person whose spot is safe.
                    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 01-29-2013, 12:06 AM.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Our o line needs work..but our defense was 31st...
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Resigning Beatty and replacing Diehl at RT is our primary concern. If we can upgrade at Guard or Center I'm all for it, be honest moving Boothe to center would not be a bad idea and getting a Mauler Guard in the Draft would be huge!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                          Huhhh??? Did you not see our run defense last year? Our lethargic pass rush? Resign Booth and Beatty. Chris Snee we definitely want back. Bass is a bad investment we'll have to live with b/c we gave away the farm for the bum. That only leaves RT. With Brewer up and coming, most of the pieces are there. To be honest, I want a mauler at RG to replace Booth. He's okay, but far from a dominant run blocker. This is much more to work with than on the other side of the ball. The Dline is a train wreck. JPP is the only person whose spot is safe.
                          Baas played fine last year.

                          Brewer is not the answer at RT.

                          Jonathan Lane in the first.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by experto View Post
                            The only olineman I really want back is Booth.I think there is room to upgrade the majority of the oline and also build on the depth of the oline.When looking back on why we lost some games this year,the oline is to blame on a handful of key loses.2 that stand out especially is the first eagles loss and the bengals loss where our oline just got man-handled and we really suffered from that.We need to get youth on the oline and help Eli be able to sling the ball the way he wants it.There were performances where our oline was splendid and did the job;while sometimes they didn't even show up.That is the single area where we need to improve,otherwise I will go status quo aboard and not be angry if we don't fix the lbs this year.
                            Beatty was the highest ranked Olineman on the team and ranked 4th in the NFL.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              Baas played fine last year.

                              Brewer is not the answer at RT.

                              Jonathan Lane in the first.
                              How do you know Brewer is not the answer?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X