3 Wide Magic Could Return Next Year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wide Magic Could Return Next Year!

If we resign Cruz, and Nicks comes back healthy, then the continuing development of Randle could give us that 3 WR set magic that proved invaluable in our SB run. I think all 3 can be home run threats on any given play. That is what made us so dangerous on offense in 2011. Led by Eli, the Bomb Squad could be in full effect again in 2013.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

* when Cruz is re-signed.. Yes, we missed that last year without Manningham.. the job should be Randle's

Comment

Throw in splitting Wilson out, and it would really put a strain on an opponents secondary. Thats 4 guys who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

not only could it return, I expect it to. I actually think our offense can be much better than 2011 now that we added Wilson and Randle to the already established duo of Nicks n Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
          Throw in splitting Wilson out, and it would really put a strain on an opponents secondary. Thats 4 guys who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
          Don't forget about bennet, if we resign him =P

Comment

Originally posted by IamGiantsfan View Post
            Don't forget about bennet, if we resign him =P
            We need better play at Tackle to give him better opportunities...

Comment

I love Nicks and all. But I hope Randle shows he's got the goods so we don't have to spend $$ and resign him.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Running game is equally important to open up the passing game for Eli. I'm more worried about our halfback situation right now than I am the WR core.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                  I love Nicks and all. But I hope Randle shows he's got the goods so we don't have to spend $$ and resign him.
                  That would be a horrible scenario if he wasn't re-signed.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

And Bear Pascoe
                    And Henry Hynoski
                    Hopefully, these 2 guys will get more touches in 2013

And a healthy Andre Brown

We have the weapons
                    But the brain trust?????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                      If we resign Cruz, and Nicks comes back healthy, then the continuing development of Randle could give us that 3 WR set magic that proved invaluable in our SB run. I think all 3 can be home run threats on any given play. That is what made us so dangerous on offense in 2011. Led by Eli, the Bomb Squad could be in full effect again in 2013.
                      We NEED good backups for our starting WR. We learned this this year!

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                        We also need an OL that can give Eli some additional time.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

HAHAHA And now the water buckets on our fire of enthusiasm. Just kidding. We know we have gaps that need to be filled first, but its fun to think of the possibilities. We do have a lot of weapons. I thought we were just talking wide out options. The firepower on this team is significant and formidable, if we can use it right.
                          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            That would be a horrible scenario if he wasn't re-signed.
                            How do you plan on paying everyone else? Most teams don't payout for 2 WRs for a reason.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

How do you plan on paying everyone else? Most teams don't payout for 2 WRs for a reason.
                              He's under contract for another season and by the time the 2014 season comes along a lot of the big veteran contracts the Giants currently have won't be here or will be heavily re-structered. Boley, Canty, Webster, Deihl, Rolle, Tuck, Osi (Osi this year). The Giants should be in better against the cap by then. In reality, the Giants can't really afford to keep losing their top talent. If they lose Phillips this year and Nicks next year then the Giants front office will be majorly suspect IMO because they can't afford to pay their top talent and 1st round draft picks.

Hopefully a lot of these pre-CBA over paid contracts are gone by then and Reese can can better manage the talent.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                              X