49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by embeshAtYa View Post
    they made a mistake. lost. period. I dont remember seeing anything that showed they were doing anything to win the game either. Eli got blasted over and over and hung in there. Thats a champion. If they were so bitter and angered over this talkin all this crap why did they let us go into san fran this year and dominate them. Shut the ____up san fran!!!
    Touche'

Comment

• To bad he wont be on the field love to see him choke again in a big spot

Comment

• Williams is a doofus.

Comment

• Well, it looks like I know what team Im pulling for.

Comment

• I guess the 40 whiners were the better team in week 6 too when they lost 26-3. Alex Smith's 3 INT's were all flukes. And poor Frank Gore had a whopping 36 yards rushing. Nice job backing up your mouth with your play Frank.
            Last edited by moosedrool; 01-30-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• This is exactly why coaches do not want to release injury reports every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                They've also become......a team with a great defense, outstanding O line, dynamic running backs and an explosive young QB, with a coach that does nothing but win and is in the Superbowl.
                Don't kid yourself, they, along with every 49rs fan in America, are very happy about what they've become.
                Spoil sport. Why bring us down with a dose of reality. ( just kidding) This thread is damn fun to read though. hahaha
                # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

• Must be real awkward for Manningham in that locker room.

Comment

• Watch Kyle Williams have the same stupid sentiment when the Ravens hand them a devastating loss on Sunday. I would not expect Jim to be sour grapes against his brother though or we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleeding blue View Post
                      Must be real awkward for Manningham in that locker room.
                      Manningham is on IR.

Comment

• Well he kinda has a point. His comments are in regards to one of our players admitting that we knew he had a head injury and we wanted to hurt him. I think it was our rookie LB Williams who mentioned it during an interview. Sure it wasn't about a bounty program because money wasn't involved, but the intent to injure was -and that was another issue Goodel was bringing the hammer down on.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                          Well he kinda has a point. His comments are in regards to one of our players admitting that we knew he had a head injury and we wanted to hurt him. I think it was our rookie LB Williams who mentioned it during an interview. Sure it wasn't about a bounty program because money wasn't involved, but the intent to injure was -and that was another issue Goodel was bringing the hammer down on.
                          He fumbled without anyone touching him. He's either already concussed or he's not mentally prepared for the game.

Comment

• Oh man. I'm not really a fan of the Ravens, but after reading this moaning and whining from the 49ers, I hope Baltimore win.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPP View Post
                              They still had to drive the field and Smith had not played inspired football up to that point. Our defence had a few busted plays on Davis and that is the only reason they were even in the game offensively so I think you can argue either way.
                              Definitely. There are so many what if's, but the only thing that matters is the end result. They can indirectly blame the loss on Williams, but he said better "TEAM", and that team includes Williams.

Eli got pounded in that second half, and while he got away with a pair of errant thorws, it was an all around gritty performance. I was especially impressed with that touchdown to Manningham on 3rd and 15 while down by 4 in the 4th quarter, after Eli had gotten pounded. He just hung in there and made a play.

Comment

• Meh. I don’t really think the comments are a big deal. Marshall Faulk claimed after losing SuperBowl to NE Patriots “sometimes the better team doesn’t win.” It is just frustration. I think that what does get folks ire is the timing of it just like the comment by Clay Matthews months after the game. I mean, shouldn’t Frank Gore be worried about Baltimore Ravens right now and not the NFCCG from 2011? All in all however, I don’t really think he is knocking us but voicing his frustration at himself and his own team for not finishing a game they thought they should’ve won if they were better finishers.

Players make comments like Frank Gore did about being the better team and losing but it is better sportsmanship to keep that in the lockerroom and be gracious in acknowledging your opponents victory. I may be mistaken here but folks always bring up how NE Patriots keep making excuses about SuperBowl XLII but I have never heard the players state that. Now, I have heard plenty of fans making excuses for NE Patriots but not the players. does anyone have a link?

Comment

Working...
                                X