49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    49ers fans saying how amazing it is the made the Super Bowl without Manningham and Kyle WIlliams injuries . LOL the team started the same Defensive starters all season. I think 1 starter missed 1 game at the end of the season. The Nickel and Dime package guys played all 16 as well. What are they doing in SF to keep the team that healthy. Their worst injury was Manningham who missed 4 games , 4 frickin games.
    Wasn't Justin Smith out for a few games? I recall their pass rushing being nonexistent at the time of his injury and Aldon Smith was "exposed" for not being as great because he needs Justin to eat up blockers so he can get a pass rush going.

Comment

• Giants are really the better team. Giants had Eli manning and a good wr core at the time. The backs weren't bad and the tes were hot. I was suprised the game was close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I admit that I hated those comments because his implication was that the Giants were undeserving. At least that's the way it felt to me. I don't get that from Gore at all. He admitted that they "couldn't finish".
        Seems to me Gore was holding his own team accountable for the loss.
        True....when you put it like that, I have to agree with you.
        I guess I'm just tired of opponents back handed compliments and caveats attached to any reference to any Giants victory.
        To me it's cut and dried.....the best team on the field is the one who makes one more play than the other team did and leaves the field with th "W"!
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          Wasn't Justin Smith out for a few games? I recall their pass rushing being nonexistent at the time of his injury and Aldon Smith was "exposed" for not being as great because he needs Justin to eat up blockers so he can get a pass rush going.
          iirc he still played thru it and still is. he missed 1 game iirc. he's just basically one armed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Before everyone starts calling Gore all kinds of names...its no big deal. Its good to think that yours was the better team.
            It must be a tough pills to swallow to have those 2 Kyle Williams plays cost you the game.
            Poor Kyle Williams. Everyone wants to point the finger at one individual. Never mind the fact that the Niners were 1 for 13 on third down conversions, or had MANY chances to win it in the 4th quarter and OT.

Unfortunately this is the same tune the Niners sing when they say they were the "better team". They tend to ignore the fact that their offense was garbage that day. But your right, it's no big deal because we all know Gore is full of it, but I don't agree that is "good" to think your team was the better team if you lose. When the Giants lose, I would hope they believe that they need to get better, not that they are already better.

Congratulations Niners for making it to the Super Bowl regardless.

Comment

• Mother flippin BUMP

Anyone defending Gore - please reconsider. No doubt just a whiner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...he-better-team

Comment

• Jim's ego lost them that game.

Comment

• i can't stand the 49ers and about 95% of their fan base.

they just whine like they getting paid by the tear..........
                  sigpic

Comment

• Whatever parent brought Gore to the States through that $.39/day program should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

• Truth is they will probably be favored to go again next year. That's horrible considering the game will be played here.

Comment

• I pull for the stanford cardinal, but something about Harbaugh bugs me. "We didn't play our best football today". How about giving props to the other team for once? The blackout saved your butt.
                        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Forty Whiners....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• The niners are really making a disgrace of themselves around the league.

Comment

• A message to Jim Harbaugh, the Forty-Whiners players and fans:

"On Any Given Sunday You Can Win Or Lose. The Point Is Can You Win Or Lose Like A Man."

Yesterday they proved they cannot lose like men.
                              They might pass Detroit as the most hated team in the NFL if this sore-losing attitude keeps up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                                A message to Jim Harbaugh, the Forty-Whiners players and fans:

"On Any Given Sunday You Can Win Or Lose. The Point Is Can You Win Or Lose Like A Man."

Yesterday they proved they cannot lose like men.
                                They might pass Detroit as the most hated team in the NFL if this sore-losing attitude keeps up.
                                Case in point: The difference in the press conferences after the game. Jim Harbaugh continues to whine about the no call. John Harbaugh continues to talk about how great a coach his brother is and how he knew that he would have his guys fighting after the blackout.

Comment

Working...
                                X