Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a lack of speed hold the Giants back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
    We had a lot of injuries at DT. We still don't know what we have in our new guys. Agreed that we can definitely use another solid tackle. We may have talent coming up at DE. We just don't know what what those young guys are capable of. I don't think we have the money go make a FA buy at MLB. I'd love to draft a top MLB. But would TC give him a green light to play? It would be a wasted pick to take one and not play him in a position that needs immediate fixing. I wish he would give younger guys a chance to step up more often. Chase and Herz aren't the answer. They hurt us on runs and passes.
    another good post. agreed

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
      We had a lot of injuries at DT. We still don't know what we have in our new guys. Agreed that we can definitely use another solid tackle. We may have talent coming up at DE. We just don't know what what those young guys are capable of. I don't think we have the money go make a FA buy at MLB. I'd love to draft a top MLB. But would TC give him a green light to play? It would be a wasted pick to take one and not play him in a position that needs immediate fixing. I wish he would give younger guys a chance to step up more often. Chase and Herz aren't the answer. They hurt us on runs and passes.
      I have to agree with you, but the rumor is Rivers at MLB next year... DE or CB in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
        I have to agree with you, but the rumor is Rivers at MLB next year... DE or CB in the first round.
        Rivers isn't even under contract for next year, is he?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
          If any team is going to blueprint how to stop this option it will be Baltimore. The "Wildcat" was unstoppable until Miami met Baltimore and it has been fading since.

I am not sure that it will happen in this game though. Baltimores defense isn't dominant anymore. Lewis is a shell of himself, Sizzle isn't fully recovered and Pollard can't cover.
          Pollard doesn't need to cover to be successful against the option. He just needs to tackle well

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Speed wasent their problem against the eagles or redskins.
            Offense was... specifically, we couldn't run the ball at all, and our attempts to pass were often easily disrupted, resulting in way too many three-and-outs. That says to me: DRAFT A BLOODY OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN ROUND ONE...

In all seriousness, we held Philly to 19 and the skins to 17 (they would have 20 instead if we had converted late in the game, as they had the ball). Defense is NOT the main problem with this team, no matter how much people complain about the 500 yards/game thing. Could it use some work? Yes. But it doesn't need to be blown up...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              Offense was... specifically, we couldn't run the ball at all, and our attempts to pass were often easily disrupted, resulting in way too many three-and-outs. That says to me: DRAFT A BLOODY OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN ROUND ONE...

In all seriousness, we held Philly to 19 and the skins to 17 (they would have 20 instead if we had converted late in the game, as they had the ball). Defense is NOT the main problem with this team, no matter how much people complain about the 500 yards/game thing. Could it use some work? Yes. But it doesn't need to be blown up...
              I don't see how offensive tackle was the problem in any of those games.

This board has some strange offensive linemen issues. First it was Diehl is a great OT because they won two superbowls with him at LT. Then this year Beatty is a top 10 LT and somehow he is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                this new wave of offense caught everyone off guard!

i think some d-coordinator(s) will come up with a defense to repel this!

of course speed will help in everything they do!
                I 100% agree with your your second sentence. Same thing happened when D coordinators figured out Vick, Cam Newton, and the wildcat after a year worth of film on them. The giants have one of the most athletic front 7s in football when we play the nickel D. JPP, Williams, Boley, Rivers etc. Back half could use a little more speed with the exception of Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                  I heard that too. I wasn't sure he had the size for it. I think he has a ton of talent. Just hope he can stay on the field . If he does go to the middle, we will need s speed guy for outside again. Does Rivers have any experience in the middle?
                  # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                    this new wave of offense caught everyone off guard!

i think some d-coordinator(s) will come up with a defense to repel this!

of course speed will help in everything they do!
                    Agreed

Comment

I'd be more concerned with lack of effort.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Michael Boley started to worry me down the road. He was probably the slowest non-lineman on the team and couldn't play in coverage at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X