Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osi Umenyiora Not Expected To Be Re-Signed By Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
    Emphasis on was. Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate his past services and he was once an elite pass rusher in this league. I just don't think that he is currently elite and I feel like he is expendable. This team is not going to miss him badly. He is a replaceable player
    I get what your saying and I agree that he isn't elite anymore, but the guy is still a good situational pass rusher. I would love to see him retire a Giant just like Strahan...if he comes back at the right price.

    and yes he is replaceable...just like everyone else on the team besides for Eli

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
      I get what your saying and I agree that he isn't elite anymore, but the guy is still a good situational pass rusher. I would love to see him retire a Giant just like Strahan...if he comes back at the right price.

      and yes he is replaceable...just like everyone else on the team besides for Eli
      The problem is Osi believes he's a starter and not one dimensional. Given our total lack of a run defense, situational pass rushers aren't our best bang for the buck
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #33
        with teams in our division and around the league going to spread offenses with the new hybrid type of QBs it looks to me that DEs like Osi who are weak against the run and can be trapped inside have become a liability ...

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
          Yeah, but who cares, as long as when he snapped the chin strap on, he was giving it his all.
          I think he was giving us his all in 2012.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #35
            The fact that so many of you are glad Osi is more than likely leaving is absolutely ridiculous. One of the best DE's in Giants history, has been one of the top 5-7 DE's his entire career and was an instrumental part in us beating the Patriots in 2 Super Bowls.

            He's not the DE he once was, so I understand why it'll be tough to bring him back from a financial standpoint. If money wasn't a question, however, I'd want him to retire a Giant.

            This MB has become a joke. Where's the loyalty?
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

            Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
              I get what your saying and I agree that he isn't elite anymore, but the guy is still a good situational pass rusher. I would love to see him retire a Giant just like Strahan...if he comes back at the right price.

              and yes he is replaceable...just like everyone else on the team besides for Eli
              I wouldn't mind having him back at the right price either. He would be great on passing downs. The main problem is that Osi believes he is a starting DE and a 4 down player right now that believes he should get elite player money. I don't see it happening here at all.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
                The fact that so many of you are glad Osi is more than likely leaving is absolutely ridiculous. One of the best DE's in Giants history, has been one of the top 5-7 DE's his entire career and was an instrumental part in us beating the Patriots in 2 Super Bowls.

                He's not the DE he once was, so I understand why it'll be tough to bring him back from a financial standpoint. If money wasn't a question, however, I'd want him to retire a Giant.

                This MB has become a joke. Where's the loyalty?
                Speaking for myself, my loyalty is with the New York Giants. Players come and go. Yes it would make sense to bring Osi back for the right price. Osi's price is reportedly on an elite de's level. We don't have time or money for that.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  The problem is Osi believes he's a starter and not one dimensional. Given our total lack of a run defense, situational pass rushers aren't our best bang for the buck
                  I usually read all of the articles that you post, but I must have missed the one where Osi said what he is looking for this offseason, and that he wants to go to a team that will make him a starter and full time player. I actually don't recall him complaining once about the amount of snaps he got the past two years.
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                    I usually read all of the articles that you post, but I must have missed the one where Osi said what he is looking for this offseason, and that he wants to go to a team that will make him a starter and full time player. I actually don't recall him complaining once about the amount of snaps he got the past two years.
                    You can't catch them all:

                    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...and-a/1785709/

                    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-25/osi-umenyiora-new-york-giants-contract-free-agent-high-probability-of-not-return


                    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-30-2013, 07:45 PM.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Ok so he says he believes he can be a complete DE. It doesn't say that he doesn't like how the Giants used him, or what he thinks he deserves to be paid. I notices that in the Victor Cruz threads you are very quick to say that nobody knows what he is looking to get paid. Well, same goes here.. I understand, he is probably gone, but he doesn't deserve the thrashing he takes on these boards.
                      #80

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        Ok so he says he believes he can be a complete DE. It doesn't say that he doesn't like how the Giants used him, or what he thinks he deserves to be paid. I notices that in the Victor Cruz threads you are very quick to say that nobody knows what he is looking to get paid. Well, same goes here.. I understand, he is probably gone, but he doesn't deserve the thrashing he takes on these boards.
                        I've never said what Osi is demanding either other than he wants to start and thinks he's a complete package DE which is what the link confirms. So if he believes he's an effective all around DE he is going to want to be paid like one. He's not an effective all around DE.
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-30-2013, 09:34 PM.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          they make a commercial about him and his 40 speed. yeah he shows it off every play. right passed the play. That is if he isnt totally faked by almost every single play option or action play. then he shows no pursuit whatsoever while he jogs behind the play. See ya bum.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Osi is not the player he once was...we all agree on that, but stop disrespecting the guy calling him a bum. That's a 2 time superbowl champion your talking about. I didn't see anyone complaining when he was getting sacks / forced fumbles for all those years. Strahan also had a very public contract dispute / holdout...no one calls him a bum?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                              Osi is not the player he once was...we all agree on that, but stop disrespecting the guy calling him a bum. That's a 2 time superbowl champion your talking about. I didn't see anyone complaining when he was getting sacks / forced fumbles for all those years. Strahan also had a very public contract dispute / holdout...no one calls him a bum?
                              Who called him a bum?
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I did. thats my view of him. what hav you done for me lately. Mike Strahan never sucked. Osi sucks. Hey not to offend anyone. Thats just how I feel.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X