No announcement yet.

Osi Umenyiora Not Expected To Be Re-Signed By Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever, ....................his diminished production and dancing bear technique do not help this team. He had a great run with us but if it is time to move on, then it is time to move on. Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
      Osi is not the player he once was...we all agree on that, but stop disrespecting the guy calling him a bum. That's a 2 time superbowl champion your talking about. I didn't see anyone complaining when he was getting sacks / forced fumbles for all those years. Strahan also had a very public contract dispute / holdout...no one calls him a bum?
      Did Strahan ever get optional surgery right before the season started out of spite? Didn't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
        Did Strahan ever get optional surgery right before the season started out of spite? Didn't think so.
        i don't think it was out of spite..but ur in title to ur own opinion. we came out of it with a lombardi trophy so who cares. I'm not knocking Stray...he is and always will be my Fav Giant ever. I am just using him as a comparison

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
          i don't think it was out of spite..but ur in title to ur own opinion. we came out of it with a lombardi trophy so who cares. Any im not knocking Stray...he is and always will be my Fav Giant ever. I just using him as a comparison
          He was cleared to play before the season started by the Giants' medical staff yet opted to get the surgery anyway as his way of holding out. I highly doubt we would have seen much from Osi last season without the emergence of JPP, which was when Osi lost all of his leverage.
          Last edited by ShakeandBake; 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

We would have won both superbowls without Osi

Comment

heres an interesting stat that i bet most people on here don't even realize...New York Giants all time sack leaders

1. Michael Strahan 138
              2. Lawrence Taylor 130
              3. Leonard Marshall 77

4 Osi Umenyiora 73.5

5. Keith Hamilton 61
              6. Justin Tuck 49.5
              7. Geroge Martin 45
              8. Carl Banks 35
              9. Jesse Armsted 29

Look's like he's in some pretty good company if u ask me

Comment

I was lookin up that stuff other day. pretty cool was just looking at DE's though. Yea the guy for sure has had his sacks. I don know man. Whatever his problem is. No heart. No Fire. Lazy. Not sure. because he is still very fast. Its not a lost step. His play sucks. My view. Ive yelled more at my tv at him more than anything else for quite some time now. I will not miss him. There was a time I stuck up for him. Then he stuck out like a sore thumb and it was a joke

Comment

Idk about anyone else, but if we don't take a DE in the 1st, then I don't want one.....after the top few, the all start looking very average....think we have too many needs for some confusing 2nd,3rd,4th round pick

Comment

We all know Osi could rush the QB and strip sack him off the ball, but eventually an end must also be able to play against the run and that's why Osi became a 2nd string player in his last couple of years with us.

Comment

Originally posted by embeshAtYa View Post
                      We would have won both superbowls without Osi

Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, this is one of the dumbest posts I've read on these boards.
                      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                      Garrett Bolles - OT
                      David Njoku - TE
                      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I'm Shocked!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TomCat_FIN View Post
                          We all know Osi could rush the QB and strip sack him off the ball, but eventually an end must also be able to play against the run and that's why Osi became a 2nd string player in his last couple of years with us.
                          This.

Personally, I want to see what Ojomo has to bring against 1st stringers...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Bye Osi. Thanks for contributing to our 2 SB wins.
                            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Yes Osi, we all know, ur still good, blah blah blah!!! Should of traded em when we had the chance..

Comment

Used to be my favorite Giants. Sad to see him go, but I also think we got his best years out of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X