Osi Umenyiora Not Expected To Be Re-Signed By Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    heres an interesting stat that i bet most people on here don't even realize...New York Giants all time sack leaders

1. Michael Strahan 138
    2. Lawrence Taylor 130
    3. Leonard Marshall 77

4 Osi Umenyiora 73.5

5. Keith Hamilton 61
    6. Justin Tuck 49.5
    7. Geroge Martin 45
    8. Carl Banks 35
    9. Jesse Armsted 29

Look's like he's in some pretty good company if u ask me
    Ya, hes had some decent moments and a few solid seasons, but the past few yrs, hes been a whiney girl who hasen't produced.. Leaving a sour taste in peoples mouth on his way out..

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
      Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, this is one of the dumbest posts I've read on these boards.
      was waiting for someone else to say it besides me

Comment

The article claims he was "forced to restructure his contract". Can someone please tell me what this is referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          This.

Personally, I want to see what Ojomo has to bring against 1st stringers...
          +1
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

There is still hope!

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/31/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "For many, it seems like a foregone conclusion that Osi Umenyiora will not return to the New York Giants in 2013. Even the defensive end has previously stated "now is probably time to move on." But while appearing at an event in New Orleans to promote Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium, the impending unrestricted free agent wouldn't rule out a return to Big Blue, saying there's definitely a chance he could be re-signed.

"There's a chance, absolutely," Umenyiora said. "Hopefully, that will happen." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

our owner seems to like him, so who knows. It all comes down to how much $$ hes asking for.

Comment

our owner seems to like him, so who knows. It all comes down to how much $$ hes asking for.
                That is true but it also has to do with the role they might want Osi to play which is not going to be a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  That is true but it also has to do with the role they might want Osi to play which is not going to be a starter.
                  agreed.

Comment

agreed.
                    If Osi truly believes hes a starter, he, like Mario Manningham, will have to find another team.

Comment

If Osi truly believes hes a starter, he, like Mario Manningham, will have to find another team.
                      Also agree, I know he's not the starter and that JPP is the better player. If he's willing to be a backup (situational pass rusher) for the right amount of money I wouldn't mind him staying an retiring a Giant

Comment

If Osi truly had to be a starter, I don't think he would make the comments he made. He obviously knows that if he stays here he isn't starting over JPP. Yet he still says if they can work out a deal he would love to stay. He was on the field a lot last year in his role, and I don't really think he was upset with the amount of snaps he got. He knows he's not a kid anymore. If he is the complainer that everyone here loves to call him, then surely we would have heard from him if he wasn't happy with his playing time.

And before anyone jumps on me, saying that he believes he is capable of being and every down DE, and demanding that whoever signs him must make him a starter are two very different things.

Still,I'd be shocked if they agree on a deal.

Comment

Also agree, I know he's not the starter and that JPP is the better player. If he's willing to be a backup (situational pass rusher) for the right amount of money I wouldn't mind him staying an retiring a Giant
                          Maybe he'll test the FA waters and see it's not greener anywhere else.

Comment

there's a good possibility...I don't really see a team throwing a ton of money at a 31 yr old DE on the downside of his career.

Comment

Maybe he'll test the FA waters and see it's not greener anywhere else.
                              At the right price, happy to have him as a relief rusher.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                                At the right price, happy to have him as a relief rusher.
                                +1 Osi seems to be all over the place in terms of his self evaluation and desires regarding a contract/role

Comment

Working...
                                X