Justin Tuck Talks About What's Weighed Him Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yet guys like Rolle and Blackburn can play like crap but aren't ostracized on nearly the same level. Just don't understand the lack of consistency on the hate front.
    I can't stand Rolle. He runs his mouth all day long (that does NOT make him a leader), yet he plays so far out of position that he's almost in a different zip code on most plays. A few highlights seem to mask his deficiencies for those who aren't paying attention but basically he's a high priced liability in our secondary.

Blackburn I have less of an issue with mostly because his deficiencies aren't from a lack of discipline, but rather a lack of ability. Despite being a great Rudy-esque style story, I'd very much like to see a more fundamentally sound and Tampa 2 capable MLB starting for us.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I'm just a bit surprised. I mean the guy has been a great Giant.
      Michael Strahan was a great Giant! Tuck has had 3 or 4 good years and now is nothing more than an average DE in this league. I hope he can turn it around for his sake. This whole speech to me, sounds like a guy screaming for the team to make someone else the defensive captain, so he can just worry about playing. I hope TC is paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        Using the schedule as an excuse is just an excuse.
        All teams are the same in your book buddy333?

Comment

Yet guys like Rolle and Blackburn can play like crap but aren't ostracized on nearly the same level. Just don't understand the lack of consistency on the hate front.
          Yea. I suppose. There are plenty of posters here that do not want Blackburn or Rolle on the team either though.

Blackburn at the very least has a tiny contract. So it's not that you can use the expensive thing against him like the others.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Yea. I suppose. There are plenty of posters here that do not want Blackburn or Rolle on the team either though.

Blackburn at the very least has a tiny contract. So it's not that you can use the expensive thing against him like the others.
            Everyone has a right to point out when players aren't performing.

I just don't get it when everyone is so quick to assume that a down year is due to the player not giving a full effort or not working as hard in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              I can't stand Rolle. He runs his mouth all day long (that does NOT make him a leader), yet he plays so far out of position that he's almost in a different zip code on most plays. A few highlights seem to mask his deficiencies for those who aren't paying attention but basically he's a high priced liability in our secondary.

Blackburn I have less of an issue with mostly because his deficiencies aren't from a lack of discipline, but rather a lack of ability. Despite being a great Rudy-esque style story, I'd very much like to see a more fundamentally sound and Tampa 2 capable MLB starting for us.
              Very rarely have I watched a Giants game and been thankful that we had Rolle on our team. I suppose you can appreciate the fact he has played multiple positions for us like a good solider should but he doesn't make enough plays in the backfield to warrant his salary or the fan love he receives. The only positive I see out of this guy is "At least it isn't Brown or Rouse!".

Blackburn is physically limited like you pointed out so we probably shouldn't get on his case too much but all the guy has to do is make one great play out of 50 snaps and everyone says he has a great game. Why are the goalposts pushed to the 5 yard line for him as if he isn't a functioning adult? You could argue that Tuck is physically limited at this point in his career but that's rarely mentioned or just brushed to the side.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

I just don't get it when everyone is so quick to assume that a down year is due to the player not giving a full effort or not working as hard in the offseason.
                Well tuck said himself before the 2011 season he was not in good shape.

But I tend to not get on Tucks case as much as others because I think he has never been the same player since tripped by Adams. I feel bad for the guy not being physically able to do what he once did.

Comment

Does anyone else think it's sad that with 11 starters on defense, we can't even come up with one decent choice for Captain.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

You are so right. Some posters need to understand that all teams aren't the same either. Tuck isn't going to face the same type of player every week so he needs assistance. For example, some times he needs more in one game than other five games.

Comment

Very rarely have I watched a Giants game and been thankful that we had Rolle on our team. I suppose you can appreciate the fact he has played multiple positions for us like a good solider should but he doesn't make enough plays in the backfield to warrant his salary or the fan love he receives. The only positive I see out of this guy is "At least it isn't Brown or Rouse!".

Blackburn is physically limited like you pointed out so we probably shouldn't get on his case too much but all the guy has to do is make one great play out of 50 snaps and everyone says he has a great game. Why are the goalposts pushed to the 5 yard line for him as if he isn't a functioning adult? You could argue that Tuck is physically limited at this point in his career but that's rarely mentioned or just brushed to the side.
                      Rolle would be awesome (if still vastly overpaid) if he played the WILL backer spot for us. That's really all he's been playing his entire time with the Giants and almost all of his highlights are him playing that role.

Having said that, we seem to have a glut of WILL backers lately (Boley, JWill, Paysinger).
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        Does anyone else think it's sad that with 11 starters on defense, we can't even come up with one decent choice for Captain.
                        The defense is in transition. That's why.

They are getting much younger and veterans are going to be leaving in the next couple years.

Osi leaving this year
                        Boley might be as well
                        Webster, Blackburn, maybe tuck, all leaving soon after. Rolle possibly as well.

Most teams name a linebacker as the captain. But the giants have no stability at that position right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                          All teams are the same in your book buddy333?
                          What does the schedule have to do with this? The entire NFC East basically played the same schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                            We have a few talented players but they are too reserved to play captain and the one guy who has the perfect personality (Blackburn) to wear the C on his chest is just too much of a liability against teams with good rushing attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                              You are so right. Some posters need to understand that all teams aren't the same either. Tuck isn't going to face the same type of player every week so he needs assistance. For example, some times he needs more in one game than other five games.
                              Honestly. What are you talking about? Tuck needs "assistance"?

He got single blocked against right tackles or guards all season. What better matchup could he possibly be given?

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                                Honestly. What are you talking about? Tuck needs "assistance"?

He got single blocked against right tackles or guards all season. What better matchup could he possibly be given?
                                I say there are only five O-linemen for a reason and do you know why I say that?

Comment

Working...
                                X