X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. G-Man
    started a topic Justin Tuck Talks About What's Weighed Him Down

Justin Tuck Talks About What's Weighed Him Down

i dont think any team would bite at that type of deal... and if so, we should move on from him after this year cause he's only getting worse. and i also believe its a horrible sign if he has a good 2013 season because that would mean he finally decided to play hard because its a contract year. i loved the guy since he was at notre dame, but he's lost whatever greatness he had.

• Buddy333
    replied
    He really doesn't make that much in NFL terms. Lets see what happens. Pretty sure he is just answering questions by reporters. If they asked him about next year and he said he's not sure how he will do would that make people happy? What else is he supposed to say? Didn't Eli say they need to play better too? Lol. Rolle made a comment and people want him to be a Captain even though he played poorly.

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I honestly think his concerns about his neck play a big part in the drop off in his performance. He acknowledged it in 2011, near the end of the season. If you worry about your neck in 2011, don't have it attended to after the season, it's not likely he's no longer worried about it.
    Hey, he should be concerned about his neck. That doesn't mean we need to pay him like it's 2007. What we are really paying for is production and in a perfect world, next year's prodcution not last year or 4 years ago. That means that Tuck is worth alot less to us next year.Hopefully he understands that and leaves us with some extra cash to reload another SB calibre roster.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. G-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by blueribbon View Post
    Tucks just a another Giant FAT CAT this year. Let the other guy make the play attitude.
    thats what it sure seemed liked

Leave a comment:

• blueribbon
    replied
    Tucks just a another Giant FAT CAT this year. Let the other guy make the play attitude.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by speed3freak View Post
    IMO, He has never been the same since FatF**k Flozell Adams tripped him and he hurt his shoulder.

And wasn't Martellus Bennet spouting off about signing his brother Michael from the bucs and how he is planning to lobby inorder to get him here? Is he a RFA/UFA this year? Is this a possibility at all?
    All Bennett said was he'd love to play here with his brother

Leave a comment:

• speed3freak
    replied
    IMO, He has never been the same since FatF**k Flozell Adams tripped him and he hurt his shoulder.

And wasn't Martellus Bennet spouting off about signing his brother Michael from the bucs and how he is planning to lobby inorder to get him here? Is he a RFA/UFA this year? Is this a possibility at all?

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont think him thinking about retiring has anything to do with him wanting or being willing to put in the effort of playing.

I think it has far more to do with his body breaking down and his injuries such, as his neck, both scaring him, and constantly hurting him.
    I honestly think his concerns about his neck play a big part in the drop off in his performance. He acknowledged it in 2011, near the end of the season. If you worry about your neck in 2011, don't have it attended to after the season, it's not likely he's no longer worried about it.

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    Originally posted by JB456 View Post
    I have no intention of going back and forth so after my comment here, I'll even leave you with the last word if you like.

Justin Tuck was very close to retiring within the last two years and had to be convinced to continue playing. It seems fairly apparent to many, including myself, that he isn't hungry to play the game anymore and as a result, Tuck's productively has significantly declined.
    I dont think him thinking about retiring has anything to do with him wanting or being willing to put in the effort of playing.

I think it has far more to do with his body breaking down and his injuries such, as his neck, both scaring him, and constantly hurting him.

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You can retort with all the pithy comments you want. There is no way Justin Tuck is "disinterested" on the field. That is a completely ridiculous contention.
    And there is no way a fan could tell with "body language" that a player is disinterested either. To suggest to the interest of a player can be guaged by fans at the stadium or on TV is silly.
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Find it hard to believe he keeps calling these reporters to tell them he wants to get better next year.
    If that is true the reporters are NOT doing their job by repeating old news as if it is new news.

Leave a comment:

• JB456
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You can retort with all the pithy comments you want. There is no way Justin Tuck is "disinterested" on the field. That is a completely ridiculous contention.
    And there is no way a fan could tell with "body language" that a player is disinterested either. To suggest to the interest of a player can be guaged by fans at the stadium or on TV is silly.
    I have no intention of going back and forth so after my comment here, I'll even leave you with the last word if you like.

Justin Tuck was very close to retiring within the last two years and had to be convinced to continue playing. It seems fairly apparent to many, including myself, that he isn't hungry to play the game anymore and as a result, Tuck's productively has significantly declined.

Leave a comment:

• Buddy333
    replied
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    I don't know, that is a good question but if he told the story once about 5 weeks ago, why does it keep popping up in one media outlet or another every 7 days since then?If this all came from one soul serching moment weeks ago, I would submit that the media IS NOT doing its job because they are conveying an improper context to us ie Tuck can't let go of this theme and is obsessing about it while trying to convince himself he's got something left in the tank.
    Find it hard to believe he keeps calling these reporters to tell them he wants to get better next year.

Leave a comment:

• nhpgiantsfan
    replied
    Originally posted by primetime View Post
    What Tuck is saying is that his C on his jersey weighs 20 lbs and is weighing him down during games.
    That's kind of what I got out of it. I really think they should make someone else the captain, and tell Tuck to find himself.

Leave a comment:

• primetime
    replied
    What Tuck is saying is that his C on his jersey weighs 20 lbs and is weighing him down during games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X