Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when do you think the Giants retire good old #92?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when do you think the Giants retire good old #92?

If Strahan gets a first ballot election into the hall this weekend I say they do it the first home game next year.......any other guesses? Think that's too soon? Is there a standard timeframe for this kind of thing?

Also came across this article which says it may never be retired but not sure I buy that:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...pUN5tm4BwMCDWJ

I don't know if it will. There's only a limited number of numbers available. It's possible, but I won't hold my breath on it.

Comment

A number is not a human so when the number gets low, being it out of retirement if they do retire it. I say they should.

Comment

Yeah but that excuse kind of goes out the window because no one has worn it since.......it's not like they need it and have been using it. The guy wasn't a very good DE......he was the best the Giants have ever had and like LT took over games sometimes I think he deserves it and would like to see him get it.

Comment

I was there for #56 and I was there for #11. I thnk they were both prime time games. Simms def was, he threw a pass to LT at half time. I could be wrong about LT. For some reason I think LT was a Monday Night Game on Labor day, against Dallas. I could be wrong. All I remember is that the programs were sold out and I had to buy one from a fan who had a bunch. It cost me $50.

IMO, if the team felt that #11 should be retired without him being in the HOF, then they should def retire #92, assuming he gets in. It would be decades before they ever came close to running out of numbers.

Comment

They don't have too much to worry about with retiring numbers on the DL. LB is more of a concern

Comment

We retire it when I say we do.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                We retire it when I say we do.
                Duly noted......just give me a heads up beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                  If Strahan gets a first ballot election into the hall this weekend I say they do it the first home game next year.......any other guesses? Think that's too soon? Is there a standard timeframe for this kind of thing?

Also came across this article which says it may never be retired but not sure I buy that:
                  They will absolutely retire his number.

When is a matter of choice ... I don't think there is an official time table.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    They don't have too much to worry about with retiring numbers on the DL. LB is more of a concern
                    Only if our current evaluation of the LB position changes
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

The reality is they can't retire every number. They are getting to a point where it will be impossible. I think the Ring Of Honor was a way to honor some players/coaches/owners without depleting the jersey numbers.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        Only if our current evaluation of the LB position changes
                        They already have had LBs forced to wear numbers in the 90s because there are no 50s left.

And now with Osi leaving, if they get another DL who wants a number in the 90s there won't be any left unless someone takes 92

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          And if LBs can wear 90's too, then it might be that they won't retire Stray's in case they need it for a LB as some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            And if LBs can wear 90's too, then it might be that they won't retire Stray's in case they need it for a LB as some point.
                            Or it forces more of the DL to wear numbers in the 70s

Comment

should have retired it yesterday..

Comment

Working...
                              X